fitness challenge

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Breaking the Clouds

Post by Breaking the Clouds » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm

I never got back to see what the other responses would be. I walk every day and add in some running mon/wed/fri/sat. A few years ago, I was up to about 40 minutes of running and than my hip starting bothering me and so was just walking BUT (I am so happy about it) now I have started running again. I started out just running 2 minutes and adding 1 or 2 minutes each week (depending on how it is going) ... this week my schedule looks like this:

Mon: walk 10min, run 8min, walk 22min
Tue: walk 60min
Wed: walk 12min, run 8min, walk 43min
Thurs: walk 65min

My goal is to do 60minutes of exercise a day .. I always feel so much better afterwards and feel like I accomplishment so much more in the day. Hope this helps some.

starryskies314

Post by starryskies314 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Originally posted by Karilynn:
I am definitely in. I need to start exercising really badly!
hey! i just noticed your aly & aj quote---i absolutely LOVE them! when did you start the attacking anxiety & depression program? i'm just starting now after a month or so of procrastination (:/ whoops hehe). anyways, i was checking out your profile and i'm glad to know that there are some people my age on here! (no offense to anyone!) anyways, just wanted to say hey and great choice of music. haha :) hope to see you around on the message boards! :)

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 am

)Breaking the clouds.. I've started my Pilates Dvd about a week and a half ago and I'm excited to say that I've committed myself to do this five days a week. so far so good:D I can already feel the effects of working out, as I feel more energized during the day, and it's helping me sleep at night! I've also decided to join a gym and try to commit to 2-3 days wkly. with that. My immediate goal is to wear a certain dress on New years eve. I figure if I keep the goal immediate and realistic, I won't get burned out (as I usually do, I struggle with inconsistancy :roll:) anyways, it's good to see your routine, I think it will help me keep on track. I hope to hear about your progress as you go along! Talk to you soon!
Robin
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Maeggie

Post by Maeggie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 am

HI EVERYONE- I am a part time fitness trainer although my professional career seems to overrule that side of my life- I would really enjoy a fitness challenge- great idea!

I just started the pilates program- all i can say is that PILATES is wonderful! its not like intense exercise but sure works on the bod! its like exercise, yoga and meditation all in one!

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Maeggie, Welcome aboard :)...I'm happy to know that you are a fitness trainer! I hope you don't mind a couple questions every now and again??? My goal for the New year is to do something for myself (six kids and a hubby take most of my time however...) I've set an immediate goal(six weeks) to looking GREAT in this little black dress that I bought for New Years eve. I'm already thin, just wanting to tone. Have any suggestions for me?? My ultimate goal is to just feel good again. Mind, body and spirit. And I do agree that exercise can do just that, right? anyways, happy to have you here, and look forward to talking to ya!
Robin
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Deanna1876

Post by Deanna1876 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:25 am

This session is very hard for me.. I have never been a person big on working out.. I am finding it so hard to commit to this.. I don't know if it's just pure laziness or I feel like there is just not enough time in the day... I don't know.. I am just not even wanting to attempt it because of course my - thinking kicks in and says what' s the point, you'll never do it, you will start and quit... I just keep having all of these thoughts about it, and then I don't do it.. I need help.. Any advise, besides just do it... I keep telling myself but it is not working, I would be willing to try this thing mom mentioned about budding up and keep track of each other to make sure I do it.. :)

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:54 am

Good morning Deanna :) I just wanted to reiterate what I said at the beginning of this post, that this is NOT a competition, simply a challange for each individual. I too, tend to be inconsistant in this area, and I just figured that if I had a "buddy" to do this with, perhaps I'd enjoy working out on a daily basis. One day at a time, please do not get discouraged. Just wanting to do it gives me hope that I will succeed. I'm happy that you decided to join us, just remember we're all in this together, to help, lend an ear, etc.. That's what this is all about, right? Take care & God bless.
Robin

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Hello, I just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing? So far, I'm still consistant with my workouts everyday. I'm now in my third week. I'm seeing some results already, and I'm excited to continue. I still do "Pilates" for 40 mins daily. I'm considering doing some strength training with my weight bench that has been sitting in my garage for the last year and a half :D. Let me say again, CONSIDERING....dunno, will have to get back with you on that :roll: anyways..Hows everyone else doing???
Robin

Michelle Holly

Post by Michelle Holly » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:52 pm

Hi everyone. I would like to join in on the fitness support group forum. I benefit a lot from exercise, and sometimes if I'm feeling too tired or depressed it's really hard for me to get moving. I really like to swim and I belong to a gym that has a pool, but I get earaches very easily from the pool. I've tried to keep my head out of the water while i swim, but that's just too hard for me to do. I also like to run, but I'm kind of afraid to run since I got injured a couple of years ago from running. I think it's really important for you to find activities that you enjoy doing. That will make it a lot easier to stick to a program. Maybe it's dancing, or playing soccer, or walking, whatever it is, do it. I have to remember to follow my own advice also :)

vonci

Post by vonci » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:11 am

hello everyone,
I started to exercise today (again :D) and fell really good after doing so. I am one of those inconsistent person myself and get bored, find "X" number of excuses to stay in bed a little longer and tell myself I'll do it later on the day. Of course after the kids get up and the day star evolving, there is tons of other "important" stuff to do but exercise :? so I really need daily motivation and support to get going and DO IT!
For a new year, a new day a new challenge and success.
See you around!
Ivonne

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”