Hi, new here

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
jfromma34

Post by jfromma34 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:29 am

hi I'm new here, and I'm just looking to make some friends that are going through what I'm going through.

thanks
Jackie

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Jackie. I read your forum and losing a young friend due to a heart attack would have scared me too. I know how you feel. I lost 3 very close family members to sudden death and now I suffer from panic and scared to death of dying. One thing that might put you at ease is that your friend probably didn't have the countless test to determine whether or not she had a heart problem or was going to have a heart attack so now you know that you are not going to dye today or maybe even ever from that. Its been 3 years since the death of my close family members and I still fear it but with this website I am able to get refocused on life - of course this is after countless test to determine I do not have heart disease or brain aneurysms.

I am in the same boat -I hope this helps a little.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 pm

it does a little bit, but she passed away 6 months ago, and it seems to me that it's not getting any better no matter what I try or do, and this may seem a little personal, but what the heck, my anxiety gets worse when I get my period, any suggestions as to why this happens?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

hello and welcome i get it too, when i have my period hoo my anxiaty is worse o yes it is i hate it ate it period but i try to calm myself i take natural tea for my period remember dont overreact or think that you will be worse when you period cames!! it does not have to be that bad every month best of luck!!! see you around

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets it bad, I try not to let it bother me to much, but sometimes I can't help it, I just cry and cry, and I don't want to alone either, its kind of hard to when my fiance works and I'm home with the kids, they are 6yrs and 11 months. thanks for the input I feel a little better. see u around

Jackie

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Hello

Anxiety increases around that time for me too. Sucks
Sorry about your friend. I just lost a good friend of mine her funeral was today. She ded from something that could have been taken care of if she would have went to dr.
I also have sick parents and family members so i know how that can scare you. Take care of yourself and free yourself from anxiety you will do just fine.
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. I'm trying to free myself, I'm sick and tired of it, I wake up shaking every morning, then my heart starts to pound, it's awe ful. I'm trying to take care of myself, but it's hard when you have kids, not making excuses, but it is hard.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:06 am

Talk about getting personal!.... My period has been way out of wack since my 2 year old was born. I get PMS twice a month and sometimes get my period twice a month so I get a double dose of anxiety. I asked my gyno about getting anxious around my period and she didn't shed any light on the subject so I thought it wasn't anxiety and something was wrong. I now know from hearing from all of you that it is hormonal. I am having a D&C in a couple weeks I hope I get straightened out so I can eliminate some of my anxiety.

Jackie-I have to admit I had some anxiety after reading about your friend. Those are the things that set me off. I am a healthy 30 year old. I excersize, eat right and have never had any illness to cause concern. I believe my problem is I was in the room when my grandma died. My cousin who was 36 died of cancer and my dad died of a brain aneurysm. All of this within 1 1/2 years. Oh and I was pregnant when my dad died. Its all very scary to me......

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 am

Hi, I know, I try not to think about it, but it's hard, we used to work together, I went on maternity leave and she was pregnant at the same time as I was, but she had a long way to go, but then she had the baby I think like 2 months early, she got to spend some time with her baby, and then she passed away, it was a HUGE shock to my system, just before all that, my son tried to commit suicide, then I had my daughter, all within a few months of each other, so I don't think I really got over the fact that all that happened and never dealt with it, so now my mind and my body are conflicting with each other, I've gone to the doctors countless times, been to the er I don't know how many times, they can't find anything wrong. so that is good, but this anxiety as got to go, I'm on meds for it, but I don't think they are working anymore, it seems to me that it's getting worse, and my doctor is not listening to me, so I'm going to change my doctor, not my pcp. When my dad died I was also pregnant with my second child, I have 3 now, but that didn't really bother me as much as my friend passing away, she was 28, and her birthday is coming up on the 2nd of Feb, so that 's going to be hard to deal with.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 am

I hope it is comforting to you to know that there are people that have had similar experiences and react the same way (with anxiety). Its not your health - rather, your mind!

I am so exhausted from it. I hate to go to the doc again to make sure I am ok but that is the only thing I can ever think of doing. I am a prime canidate for anxiety I just wish I could except that its anxiety and not health related issues.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”