Sick of being SICK!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
HeathAnn

Sick of being SICK!

Post by HeathAnn » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey everyone,

So I'm brand new to the program - just listened to Session 1 earlier today. Combatting Stress and Depression Program is kind of a last resort for me... I wouldn't say I'm severely anxiety-ridden or depressed. I kind of just let my emotions control me too much, instead of the other way around. I am incredibly sensitive, and I definitely overreact to everything. I tend to base my level of happiness or contentment too much on the actions of other people in my life, and I let my feelings get hurt too often. I get angry easily, and while I'm not violent, I can be hurtful with my words and actions. I've come very close to ruining a couple of relationships with important people in my life because I just CANNOT seem to "let stuff go." I dwell on things to the point of getting absolutely sick to my stomach - I can't eat and I throw up even when there's nothing in me to throw up! I let my emotions and fears in a situation get the best of me and when it's bad, I can't focus on anything else -- not if my very life depended on it.

All in all, I'm sick of feeling so......dependent. I'm almost 24 and am in my second serious romantic relationship in my life, and I'm literally on the verge of screwing it all up because I base my happiness (and even my self-worth) too much on my boyfriend's actions. I just want to be happy with ME. I just want to be ok with ME, so that if he's not talking to me at the moment, I don't have anxiety over whether he wants me enough, or if I'm important enough.

Any suggestions or comments on being less sensitive and more secure in myself...? Thanks everyone. Best wishes to you all!

xoxo
H.

clavenglaven

Re: Sick of being SICK!

Post by clavenglaven » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 pm

I am the same way. Very sensitive and not all too self reliant. I wish I could offer some advice, but it's hard to. I think you just have to learn to learn to be more independent and not use anyone else for your support. I know a lot of unhappy relationships that are that way.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”