Damned PVC's! :(

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
luvu4u2003

Damned PVC's! :(

Post by luvu4u2003 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:51 pm

I have been feeling PVC beats in my chest since 1 month after my brother died. Its been a year. They bother me so much and I think that it is part of my panic disorder. I had never experienced a panic attack before I felt the first PVC. Now I feel them all the time. Everyday! It starts by feelint short of breath and a tight chest then I start to worry then I panic. My entire life I have always thought about things that bothered me in life but never really felt anxiety or Panic over it. Now all of a sudden my doc tells me I have panic. Can anyone relate? Any advice or story would be so much appreciated! Is there any chance it might not be panic disorder?

tj59975

Re: Damned PVC's! :(

Post by tj59975 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm

I can completely relate! I did not lose a loved as you did (I'm so sorry for your loss too) my symptoms just came out of nowhere. I had a horrible vertigo attack out of the blue that led to caused me to freak out and caused PVCs and some SVTs. I have had every single cardiac test there is and all come back normal every time. My cardiologist rxed me calcium channel blockers which didn't help, then beta blockers which didn't help either and side effects were awful. He has even said he does not know what is causing my completely healthy heart to have arrhythmia. I have been to ER numerous times with chest pain and shortness of breath and every test (blood, echos, xrays, CTs, EKGs) always come back normal---which is great but frustrating. Both my cardiologist and my EP doc have told me repeatedly that these heart arrhythmias are benign and won't kill me, but it is so hard to hold on to that when it is happening. My primary care doctor said it may be anxiety and rxed me an antidepressant which made me furious because I thought "there is no way I have anxiety, my heart races when I am perfectly calm". So I didn't take the antidepressant. Well the more I research anxiety, stress, and depression disorders and I wouldn't admit to myself that this is what I may be dealing with because my family always makes fun of people who need this kind of help and I didn't want to look weak or be made fun of. I decided to get this program and give it a try and so far it has opened my eyes to the fact that I have had this disorder since I was 6 years old! I just didn't know what it was and would hide it. I am looking forward to finishing this program and hold on to the hope that I will be free of this soon. I encourage you to hang in there 8-) and just do the best you can. Let's keep each other encouraged.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”