Hi I just started

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
hypnosis

Hi I just started

Post by hypnosis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi everyone that reads this. I am new to this program. I just started working on session one and I hope things start to get better. I have been dealing with anxiety, stress, and depression. I have no idea how I have become this way but I need to find a way to get over this. I have been ruining a perfectly good life. I am letting my friends and family down. I feel if I don't start making some changes soon, I will be very alone. I rehally hope I can get a lot of support from the people on here and to talk to people who have overcomed all these issues. I have alot to overcome. I want my life back!

praying4sun

Re: Hi I just started

Post by praying4sun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 am

welcome! i have been working the program for i think over a month now. i am on lesson 4, but sometimes i go back and forth b/w all four of them. i am wasting a perfectly good life too if i changes don't happen- and they are! things that have made me feel better are 1) realizing i am not weak i am strong! 2) the way you talk to yourself makes a huge difference
3) reminding myself i am worthy of love- specially self love 4) relaxation cd.......... there is lots of work to be done and i cant wait to get to the obssesive thoughts cd, because i have so many!! but it feels good to practice patience and persistance.

good luck to you!

Dorothea

Post by Dorothea » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 am

:) Hi I just started this program and I am happy to say that although I am just going through looking at it all, I have yet to listen to the C/D's as I am trying to find a Discman to do so privately, without disturbing my husband. If not I will use the Video disc player when he is not home as he is not too supportive of anything as of right now. I am very impressed with what I have read so far and purchased a little journal as well and find it VERY helpful to reread and even mark in the blanks in the book. First, it was re-assuring to find that I am not alone. It would seem I am an HSP person as I have been all my life and thought I was just odd ;) On the other hand our family suffered a tragedy many years ago that changed the trajectory of our lives forever as well. Leading to medical illness and also PTSD and Dysthymia as well - in all of us. Some treated, others not. For me this course is going to be the catalyst for me to overcome the things I must do in my life to not be any sort of victim of any situation or even MYSELF!

I live in Mississauga, Ontario South and if there is anyone close to me that would like to get together in my area by the lake I would be happy to meet at one of our cafe's and discuss what we are learning!! All positive!! Even when all looks dark there is always a light, it is a matter of looking for it, even when one doesn't want to. Sometimes just a helping hand.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you and learning with you. A Canadian friend! :)

Nanner823

Post by Nanner823 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:49 am

Well I dont live there however I do have Facebook. Its visible from my profile on here. Even if we cant meet face to face a good chat sometimes helps. I see they are still working on the chat in here so it would be nice until then.

Nanner823

Post by Nanner823 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:50 am

Well I dont live there however I do have Facebook. Its visible from my profile on here. Even if we cant meet face to face a good chat sometimes helps. I see they are still working on the chat in here so it would be nice until then.

Plastic_Starlight

Post by Plastic_Starlight » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:54 am

Hi Hypnosis,

welcome to the program!
I'm pretty new to the program myself but I can tell you this is a huge step in the right direction.
The people here are awesome, and it helps that we're all going through the same thing.

you'll get your life back. ;)

cadencerecords

Post by cadencerecords » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm

I wanted to say hi to hypnosis and everyone else beginning the program

I too am just beginning, but have high hopes for the future. My life has been an everyday struggle to get where I am today and for countless years I have pushed myself to the edge in order to make all my dreams a reality. I finally made it to some of my biggest goals in life and at that moment when I felt an overwhelming since of accomplishment should have been rushing over me, I felt more that I should have been rushing myself to the hospital because of my panic attack. My life has been only temporarily halted for the moment, but I know that through this program and with the support of like-minded people such as hypnosis we can get back on track not as the men/women we use to be, but as even better versions of ourselves. Hope the best to everyone.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”