Frustrated

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
csherwood

Post by csherwood » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I am very disappointed so far. I thought this would be a saving grace for me. I have issues with depression but not anxiety. I have listened to the first 3 CDs because I feel like so far the information is so vague and general and really very little has applied to me. Maybe its because I'm in social work field and feel like the stuff so far is for babies. Come on I'm ready for a change. The topics have not been interesting yet. Stop stressing how much we will all love the program and get on with it. Inspire me!

Paridygmn

Post by Paridygmn » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi csherwood,
I was listening to a speaker tonight who said something I think is applicable to your situation, "If you buy into the part of you that gets disappointed, you may give up on your vision before you get started. Stay focused on having a burning desire and the how will take care of itself." So then my question is are you focused on your pain or what it will take to progress? Also I posted a note from page 1-11 of Session 1 booklet writing "If the cause of the depression (stress and anxiety) is dealt with and alleviated, the result (depression) should be relieved. If you can recall that anxiety preceded the depression, you have a good idea as to the cause of the depression." I.E., if you are depressed it is a result of either stress or anxiety, so what is the source of your stress or anxiety?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:36 am

Very good, Paridygmn! :) I know your first posting really lit a light bulb for me! And I'm familiar with many ways to treat depression. I have to admit that it was stress and anxiety that caused the depression in the first place.

But didn't know that was what I was experiencing at the time or was just use to "stress" as a norm in my life, so didn't get it addressed until it became depression. Now it is the panic attack that got me all started into figuring out "what is going on" with my life.

Csherwood, I have the CDs and I listened to all of them when I finally got them from my sister who really could use them herself, but she "isn't ready". My gain, as this program has really helped and I don't even have the workbook.

Move on to the next CD if this is too simple for you. I keep listening to them at different times and different places. My van, CD player in the kitchen, CD player in the bathroom, my bedroom, living room. You will catch something new each time and you will be at a different mindset each time, so they will be different.
I hope this helps. :) Paislee

Paridygmn

Post by Paridygmn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Paislee and csherwood,
I am on this forum right now because I went through all of the CD's in the program, I got a great short term fix from just running through all of them day after day, and I felt great fast. I learned a lot, and something different every time I listened to any given CD. So this could be another approach, just realize I am back 1 year later because I realized the value of communicating in the forum perpetually and using the materials as recommended.

Good Luck,

Paridygmn

SoWhatif

Post by SoWhatif » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:19 am

Paridygmn, I do agree with you and congrats on your consistant treck to happiness.

It takes most of our lives to build up all the negatives, it would be foolish to think that at the snap of fingers or listening to someones cd that it will erase all of that.
New learning, understanding and then applying it. That is the knowlege "food for thought" and it takes time to digest and be processed for the makeing or remaking of ourselves.

Paridygmn

Post by Paridygmn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 am

SoWhatIf,
I could not agree more. I know based on the experiences I have had that I am in this for the long haul (a lifetime journey). While there are certian things that stressed me out in the past, those same things are not affecting me the same way today. 1+ years from now it _will_ be something else and I will need to have the tools to deal with things as they come up, and I believe this program is a big part of that.

Paridygmn

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”