I need really good advice, because this is getting real old.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:06 pm

So this past month or so, I've had problems with spacey, "feelings of unreality" pretty much ALL the time. I used to have anxiety about my physical health, and I'd rather have that now than spacey feelings, and feelings of unreality. I don't know how to make them go away, or prevent them. They're scary and I'm so sick of them. Also, I HATE sitting home. I can't do it. It drives me crazy. I HAVE to get in the car and drive around somewhere, especially at night, because I cannot sit home or I get anxiety. It's ridiculous. I take a pill that the doctor's prescribed me only when I'm anxious, and I usually have to take a pill before I take a shower, because taking a shower brings me anxiety, and I don't know why. Well bottom line, I WANT THE FEELINGS OF UNREALITY TO GO AWAY. Somebody please give me helpful advice, because I can't stand this feeling.

Jean.T.R

Post by Jean.T.R » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Katie Lee, I know exactly what your going through, I had feelings of unreality, spacey feelings and odd thoughts going through my head that didn't make sense. They really frightened me and I thought I'd end up in a mental institution.
After going through the program I can honestly say they are few and far between now. I don't let them scare me any more, I try to pinpoint what I'm anxious about and then tell myself these feelings are not going to hurt me. Just so you know I went through this for more than 20 yrs. before I got help and now I feel like I have my life back. Try not to let these feelings control you, you are the one that has the control over your body. The relaxation tape works wonders. I wish you all the best.

RodH

Post by RodH » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 am

Katie, get in your program and stay in it daily. You will benefit a lot and will find new freedom! Anxiety is not a disease that cannot be overcome, but it is a bad habit of thinking badly, and yes that CAN be overcome. Read your workbook, theres good info in there. do not ever quit the program when you feel better, but redo it. Heck,,,,,redo it as many times as it takes. It is a process, it's not an overnight thing. Just be determined and you will make it.

timi

Post by timi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Katie - I don't know if this would help, but did you watch the first video? The founder talks about how feelings of unreality and spaciness were one of her most prominent symptoms. Maybe it would help to hear someone talk about their own experience with this?

Hope this helps.

Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank you! :-)

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Slimjim saying HI. Just wanted to see if you woulld like to take a peek at my latest webcomic? If so let me know what you think.
Thanx.
[url=http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/]http://madamexinc.smackjeeves....cs/1029786/mx-inc-1/[/url] I'm a recent graduate of the program and I just wanted to show those of you what this program has allowed me to do in ways I never thought was possible. It's allowed me to unlock some major creative juices and it can do the same for you guys as well.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”