New guy says "hello"

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Cory242

Post by Cory242 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 am

Hi everyone.
I signed up for the online version of the program last week. I fight depression and anxiety and recently began to have what feel like low grade panic attacks. I just changed careers and have been living away from my family.

I find that my biggest personality problem is confrontation. I'm terrified of it and when faced with it I have to make a concious effort to stand up for myself. Often I simply freeze and feel as though I've reverted to a 7 year old kid in the Principal's Office. Then I'll obsess over the situation for days thinking about how I should have handled it or what I should have said. I'll also react in a passive/aggressive manner.

I'm taking Lexapro which has helped the general anxiety a bit but I sure could use some advice as to how to get over my fear of confrontation.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:15 am

Hey cory, i am so glad that you signed up for this program.... I am only 18 years old and am taking it and even just the 1st 2 lessons are amazing. but as to your confrontation anxiety, i have that too and i obsess in my mind all day and all night as to "why didn't i say that" or "what if i did that" but we just have to remember it WILL pass and we will move on.. easier said that done of course haha but we can get through this

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”