ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS ARE RUINING MY LIFE

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
NICOLE MATHIS

Post by NICOLE MATHIS » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:02 pm

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ANXIETY TO GO AWAY ? OR DOES IT EVER? IT HAS REALLY PUT ALOT ON MY DAILY TASK AND PERSONAL LIFE ALL I DO IS GO TO WORK AND STAY HOME I HARDLEY EVER EVEN FEEL LIKE PLAYING WITH MY DAUGHTER AND IT REALLY DEPRESSES ME BECAUSE THAT IS NOT FAIR TO HER IS ANY ONE FEELING THE WAY I DO?

Angla

Post by Angla » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Nicole,
It takes time but it does get better. I know thats hard to believe but it does. Do you have the program Nicole? I hope you do, if you have not ordered it, please do. It truly changed my life. I feel it was heaven sent. I am so Thankful that God sent it my way. If you will make it a priority, and give it your all, you will be amazed at the difference it will make in your life. Hang in there, and if you ever need a friend to chat with just send me a private message or maybe I'll catch you in the chat rooms.
Your New Friend
Angla

Chraligar

Post by Chraligar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

You said your hacve anxiety do you have panic attacks I did and I have just started the program. If you dont mind me asking are you sleeping good and exercising. That helps. I'm on lexpro and a medicine called clonazepam. It relaxes my mind my brain was not blanced and I had panic attacks so hard it felt like my body was on fire once I took this stuff I have not had a bad panice attack. Any questions please ask. I want o make some friends just started the 2 cd tommarrow. God Bless christin

DIAA

Post by DIAA » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 am

Hi all,
Just got the program this week and completed session one. I have had generalized anxiety disorder for years, but have recently hit bottom with panic attacks and the inability to travel away from home and even work. I am hopeful the program will help me get a fulfilling life. My anxiety is 100% focused on my health. I fear dying and often think I can't breath. I am afraid of embrassing myself in front of others so I avoid things. After session one I am a little more anxious but I think it is because I am finally dealing with this issue that has controlled my life. Best Wishes To All!

Gingerann

Post by Gingerann » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:15 pm

I worry every single day about being sick or dying and leaving my son and my new husband. I am finally getting the chance to have a great life with a wonderful man, and i feel like i'm going to ruin it with all this craziness. I am sick of myself. All I do is be afraid i am sick. It sounds really crazy..you think a positive change in my life would decrease this anxiety. Why do I do this?

Logan135

Post by Logan135 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:24 am

I too worry everyday that I will die. I have a fear of dying away from home. I prefer to die in my bed safe under the covers. Silly I know. I have had generalized anxiety all my life and when I was 20 began having panick attacks. It helps just understanding what is happening in our bodies when we panick. I still carry xanax in my pocket wherever I go, even in the house. I still have that fear issue. It does get better over time, but comes back a couple times a year it seems. I have difficulty with exercise because I worry about my heart beating so fast. That causes more anxiety. It's a learning process and will take patients. I'm sure I will always have good days and bad days. Relish the good days and relax on the bad days. We don't have to please everyone everyday.
Take Care Everyone!

Godzprincezz

Post by Godzprincezz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Social anxiety is very crippling, draining, and tiring. But Lucinda says pushing ourselves through it and having the coping skills(the program) is how we will overcome it. As hard as it is at times we have to face our fears. But once I get home from being in a crowded place I am burnt out.

Corinna Lee

Post by Corinna Lee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I feel that anxiety and panic attacks are ruining my life too. Today I was supposed to go Atlantic City overnight and I bailed on the trip because I was so keyed up. I was so afraid something bad was going to happen. I feel like I have to run away from so many things and that I miss out on so much. I just want it to get better! hang in there everyone

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:38 am

Hi all,

I think anxiety responses are just the way we were made. All anxiety is not bad. There are some things that we should be fearful of and requires to take action, such as when we are in true danger of harm or injury. The anxiety part that is within us, is there to help us deceive whether to fight or flight.

It is when when let our negative thoughts senselessly rule our lives and our responses. If we are being driven to be in constant worry or fear of thoughts that we are projecting things that can not truly harm us or are being self generated signals of fear that then triggers an adrenal response that can lead to continued obsessive and unreasonable thinking that feeds that continued response to this senseless fear. I believe that is what makes it a disorder.

I think we are trying to learn how make notes on these responses, to ultimately get a handle on these things that then help us to separate real fear (or things that we should really be fearful of) and from self induced fear. I think that is why the journaling and rating of the anxiety or panic is important to the studies and workbooks we use as we progress through the program.

No, I don't think we could do with out having at least some anxiety or response to fear or things to truly fear or worry about, or with out it humanity would not have survived. Isn't that a more reasonable view?

With all my heart, I pray that the love of God, look down upon us, and help to over come these thoughts that seem rule the lives of so many of us. I pray that He open our minds to help us understand how to overcome these thoughts that have ruled over our lives for so long, and that we help empower us defeat this disorder, one moment at a time.

Relax, God is in control, and he can help all of us; for nothing is impossible for us with Him in our lives.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

gill6849

Post by gill6849 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 am

I feel your pain Nicole. My anxiety has kept me from going to work for 2 months now. I don't have any interest in anything anymore. I just started the program yesterday. Hopefully it works better than my doctor.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”