I'm from 'da burg...

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:05 am

Hello everyone! My name's Kira, and I'm starting my sessions today. I guess I should just lay everything out on the table. Some people start talking to me, are very encouraging, and then as soon as they find out ONE thing inparticular about me, they just QUIt talking to me. So, for those of you who don't care that I'm gay...HI! I am 34, and have 2 kids...a 15 yr old boy, & an 8 yr old girl. I live with them & my gf. I have been diagnosed with EVERYTHING in the last 14 years, have been on every type of medication & combo of meds, and have even had 3 ECT's which were very scary, and wiped out parts of my memory. I've been through it all...at least I feel like I have. I find myself talking/thinking negative a lot of the time. I want to be that girl who was so fun & outgoing & carefree & loving...but that was so long ago. THAT was the real me. I had opinions of my own, and I wasnt afraid to speak my mind. I cared. I took care of myself & the ones I loved. Not so much now-a-days...SO...here I am...ready to get started. I am on Social Security for my bipolar, so I am home a lot, and am looking to make new friends. I think it SO important to have a support group. And I'm generally GREAT at giving advice (at least, that's what I've been told)...I'm just bad at following it for myself. So, this is a big step, but I feel like this program is going to change my life! I look forward to meeting everybody! Don't be stangers!! :)

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:47 am

Hi Kira.

I would be surprised if people here stopped talking to you because you're gay. There's other gay people on this site and everyone talks to them. No, I take that back, I wouldn't be surprised. There are going to be annoying people where ever you go.

Anyway, I'm talking to you right now, and you can pm me if no one else wants to talk to you. :)

Don't worry, you have friends here. This site has so many wonderful, caring people who are going to love talking to you.

Take care Kira. DeeDee.
Last edited by deedee00 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karilynn

Post by Karilynn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:05 am

Hi Kira!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to the program. I think that you will find everyone here is very supportive and caring about fellow anxiety sufferers - no matter what! This is an excellent program and I look forward to reading about how well you're doing with it.
Have a great week!
hugs&kisses,
Karilynn

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert

"How you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. And, so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big test followed by one big lesson. In the end, it all comes down to one word: grace. It's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, darkness and the light."

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:09 am

Welcome Kiara,

You will make many new friends on here. I will be one for sure. Sometimes people don't know how to handle gay people and put up defenses. Don't let it bother you. They need to get to know the "real" you. The real person you are. I had a half brother I only found out about a few years back. I met him once a year ago. He was gay. I didn't get to know him like I would have liked. He died this past 4th of July.

I know this program will be a gret help to you. Coming on the forums and chat will also help you and as you give advice or help you'll receive tenfold. Many of us are better at giving advice then following it so don't let that stop you. Look forward to meeting you in chat sometime.

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:02 am

Hi, Kira--welcome! I'm sorry you have had the experiences that made you feel like people might not talk to you here, like Deedee said there are those types everywhere, unfortunately. But this is a pretty tolerant crowd, and very supportive and encouraging for the most part. I'm glad you are here!!!

Tara :)
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Gina11

Post by Gina11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:22 am

Kira,
Hello and nice to meet you. I think its great that you are honest about who you are and what you have been through. I too suffer from anxiety and have been through h** and back with it. I am looking forward to being your friend as well as the other ladies that posted. Its so sad that society is like it is of not being fair to people for who they are and what makes their lives happy. I will tell you I am not one of those people. I am also just looking for friends to talk with and for support on continuing this program. If you ever need to talk let me know. I have learned that these peoople on here are the greatest bunch of people and so very supportive I am happy to say I am a part of this wonderful group of people. Good luck and keep in touch. The chat room on here is a good place to go too for support and just some great converstations with people who go through the same as we do.. .
Gina

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 am

Gina--where in Maine?!?!?
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:12 am

Gina...I'm from Pittsburgh PA...ru from Main?

KrissyU84<3

Post by KrissyU84<3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:39 am

Hello,
I'm from Erie, PA.We r neighbors. :)
first love yourself and the rest will follow

marlagpa

Post by marlagpa » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:11 am

hang in there Kira i am starting the program today also and i am glad your here good luck to you

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”