Hello

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
computerann2009

Post by computerann2009 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:12 am

Hi I am new to the program, I had a bad car accident in 2005. I have been suffering from depression since. I have tried a lot of things, drugs, therapy... my husband ordered the program, I am hesitant about trying anything new. I have anxiety attacks, but it is not all due to the car accident, 5 years before the accident I had a heart attack due to outpatient surgery. since the accident my life has been turned upside down and if that was not enough I have type 2 diabetes, more drugs and insulin. so far I have finally got interested in the program, I just don't like to be forced to do anything even if it is for my own good.

Ann

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 am

Hi I feel for you!! And understand what it is like to be in a crash. We were hit by a drunk driver and my 10 year old daughter was killed. This is when my "normal" anxiety turned into a monster that was distroying the rest of my life. Having something tramatic happen to you makes you feel very vulnerable and afraid to jump out on that limb. BUT... jumping out on the limb and starting the program has changed my life. I started in dec 08. YOU have a choice whether you want to better or not. Only YOU!! It is a process but let me tell you it is SO worth it... Believe in yourself!!!

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 am

Hi
I am so sorry about your daughter, I wish that it did not happen. thank you for taking the time to give me support, it made me think that maybe I am not so sad after all.
the only thing that got hurt on me was my head. my memory stinks and people are always telling me that I repeat myself, which makes me not want to talk to people.

take care
Ann

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:32 am

Ann-I am sorry to hear all that has happened to you. Ann the things that happened is just that they happened. Does it mean you deserve it, no. Ann you can do this you are probably a much stronger person than you give yourself credit for. I am in session 4 and it is helping me. I am just coming to realize that I to sometimes get cut off in conversation or people want to shut me up b4 I even start, so it makes me feel bad like whats wrong with me? You know what? Theres nothing wrong with us and we are not to let people steal our joy! You sometimes have to fight for your joy. Don't let your circumstances dictate to you, you dictate to them. The part about repeating yourself-My aunt has dementia and she lives in England and I have not been able to talk to her in a long time or see her as it is expensive to fly there. For a period of time she was a big influence in my life, anyway she would repeat some things and I wish she repeated them about 500 more time becuz maybe i would remeber all the stories she told me. So this is to say that some people need the repeating so keep talking! God Bless You and I pray he puts a blanket of joy, peace and comfort over you.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 am

Ann-wanted to add that I have heard you can change or reverse your type 2 diabetes by (I don't like saying diet)changing what you eat. This is something to think about and check into-I do have info on it there's a Dr. Eric
Braverman in New York-I would imagine he has a website, I never check though-he is the one who would have the best info on this. Hope this helps-God Bless

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 pm

To Ann and O2BMe:
I just wanted to say I felt courage from both of you for your starting this program. It is clear your loss has been great and I am very sorry. I lost my mother and thought that since it was expected part of life that I would not be so effected. I realized I had a lot of extra feelings buried that I have carried inside. These are making my life very sad and that is why I started this. This is only my third day but I plan on staying with it. My greatest trouble is sleeping, which I don't do much of. I didn't want to get hooked on sleeping pills so have not kept taking them, I was for a while. I appreciate your comments and will follow along and change for the good. Thanks.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”