Sleep - Good days PM?

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
emmakatecat

Post by emmakatecat » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:24 am

I have had thyroid issues since May 2007. I have also dealt on and off with anxiety. I did part of the program a couple of years ago and felt pretty good. I figured this is in my head I can beat it! I haven't been on any lexapro for almost a year. In August I suffered a bout with insomnia - thyroid related. Since December 23rd I have needed to take a benedryl nightly to fall asleep. I am sure this is in my head. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so have they tried the Good Days PM? I don't want to be addicted to anything and want to kick this on my own. Occasionally, I get jump started with a counselor to put me back on the right path and hit the anxiety in the head. I don't have depression, I am just a worrier (notice I said just - LOL)
Any ideas would be great. I love the support on this site. We're all going to have a great 2008! :?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:43 am

Hello,
I am a huge worrier, too. I have been off lexapro for over a year and a half myself. I do not have a thyroid issue, but I do have an adrenal/hormone issue and I have a hard time sleeping at night and getting up in the morning. I have not tried the Good Days PM, but, I read that if you positively tell your self before you go to sleep, that you are comfortable and will have a good night's sleep, it does help. I repeat it a few times over. I know it's all in my head, but it is hard to change how you think. I sometimes think I need to take something to help me sleep, but then I out it in my mind, I "need it" to sleep.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 am

I have had major sleep issues since Oct., I get very little sleep without a sleep aid. At first I took Tylenol PM. It worked for a while but made me drowsy all day. The doctor perscribed .50 mg. of xananx, just at night to help me sleep. I have real issues with it, although it helps me sleep and with the anxiety. I worry about getting addicted. I tried not taking it last night and slept very little and now I feel very tired and anxiuos Iam going to have to take it tonght, I need sleep. If you find and other ways of getting sleep please let me know.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:47 am

also want to add that I've tried the self talk for sleep, doesn't seem to work for me. I just can't seem to shut my mind off.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:09 am

Hi Everyone,
I've had lots of trouble sleeping. I feel like I'm ready to sleep but have trouble getting my mind to stop racing. I may or may not even feel anxious. When I have had difficulty it helps to use the self-talk to help get through the next day so that I don't completely lose my mind. I have had to really work on using the self-talk before going to bed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Do they make a Good Days PM? I haven't seen that.
Faith

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:41 am

Yes - Good days PM may be new. My husband heard it on the radio and then recommended it to me. I bought it yesterday and was really anxious to try it last night but thought I was tired enough to sleep. But of course I kept myself up all night saying you've got to go to sleep. By 4:00 I took a tylenol PM and fell asleep quickly. I think I've got my body thinking I need to take something to go to sleep. Today I feel kind of sick to my stomach because I am over tired - I got about 3 1/2 hours because I made myself get up so I can be ready for work tomorrow (I teach first grade). So my husband says tonight the Good Days PM. I got it at GNC for those of you interested. Yes, like someone else said - addiction is my worry. I think maybe a trip back to the counselor is in my future. I will let you know. :)Thanks for replying - I don't feel all alone that way :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:55 am

What is the active ingred. in Gooddays? I've tried too many things and i "wear-out" the effectiveness. Ambien works but I really need AmbienCR - because I wake after 4 hours, but insurance doesn't cover "CR". Both affect my stomach - therefore I have to take with food @ 2am (acid stomach an issue-use Zantac). If you aren't anxious but your brain is racing try Valarian. It is a plant product and quiets the brain. Many over the counter sleep products are "Benedryl" (can't remember the chem. name) so I get a real dry mouth & thirsty with these.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”