French-speaking people's help needed...

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Senteami

Post by Senteami » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 am

[quote]Originally posted by jamija:
Hello:

My name is Sylvie and I live in Northwestern Quebec (Canada). I've been battling anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia and depression for more than a decade. I was in therapy (with a psychologist) from 1991 to 1998 and am taking Xanax to control my anxiety.

After losing my job in September 2000, my anxiety and panic attacks have increased significantly. I went on-line to Chapter's Canada to see if there were any books out there that could help me NOW because my anxiety was so severe that I was almost housebound (the waiting list to see a psychologist is very long).

I've ordered Lucinda's book "From Panic to Power" only recently and found it to be an amazing tool - after 8 years of psychotherapy you figure that you have enough knowledge to understand and help conquer panic attacks and etc. Wrong... Lucinda's book taught me things I did not know about and made me realise that only people who suffer from this "desease" can REALLY understand what we're going through every single day of our lives ;)), je pourrais commencer tout de suite.

Par la meme occasion, nous pourrions egalement parler de votre probleme, car j'ai moi-meme eu a souffrir du post partum depression lorsque j'ai eu mon fils, James.

Merci d'avance
Anne Crews
I am a writer.

frenchie-psy

Post by frenchie-psy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 am

Hello from France
I know this topic is 6 years old... but I just happened to see it !
I am French psychologist, providing counseling to the French Expatriates community worldwide. If you need any help, visit my website <A HREF="http://www.french-psychologist.com" TARGET=_blank>French Psychologist for Expatriates Worldwide</A>

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”