JUST LOOKIN FOR A LITTLE HELP FROM PEOPLE ON THE BOARD w/ PANIC & ANXIETY ATTACKS

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
football25

Post by football25 » Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:42 am

what are the physical symptoms you people get during these times of panic or anxiety?

nicholeadele

Post by nicholeadele » Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:31 am

I get hot flashes or cold sweat, vertigo, heart palpitations, and shortness of breath. Sometimes I also get stomach crampsor nausea and an urgent need to go to the bathroom.
A horse is a horse of course of course and noone can talk to a horse of course. Unless of course that talking horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

albertagirl

Post by albertagirl » Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:58 am

Well my symptoms consist of dizziness, scary thoughts, heart racing, cold feet, and feelings of bewilderment.

Take Care
Albertagirl

Girl

Post by Girl » Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:06 am

heart palpitations, cold sweat, dizziness, numbness in legs or arms, shortness of breath, nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, bewilderment.

I get heart palpitations and cold sweat every time, but the rest take turns.

WhataboutBob

Post by WhataboutBob » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:28 am

Stomach hurts, dizzyness, palms sweat, confusion, heart pounds, dry mouth, can't breathe.

Reena

Post by Reena » Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:37 am

I would get all of the above plus what my brother calls 'the skin crawl' ! My mind would also race. Like I was going 99 mph.
Reena
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

Be Not Afraid of Moving Forward Slowly, Be Afraid of Standing Still.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race...

amberlee

Post by amberlee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:46 pm

My symptoms are the scary thoughts and bewilderment. I do not like the bewilderment feeling. Its hard for me to concetrate, especially when I am at school; I feel like I am just stareing into space, not all there and really dizzy. I just want it to go away, but I dont know how.

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

I just realized thanks to someone above posting that maybe it's not been hot flashes/coldness from menopause all these years but anxiety. I also have the feelings to cry often and then I want to run because of facing embarassment. My chest feels great pressure, recently I had pain going down both arms, pain between my shoulder blades (sounds like a heart attack) Nope, went to ER last wk.at the advice of my husband and friend. Dr. said it was acid reflux. Nope, the pill didn't help so I took xanax a couple days in a row..that's what it was.

mrben65

Re: JUST LOOKIN FOR A LITTLE HELP FROM PEOPLE ON THE BOARD w

Post by mrben65 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:31 pm

My heart races. I don't look at people when I am in a store. I'm paranoid anyway. I keep my eyes forward and to the floor.
Ben

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”