My Experience : Lesson 1

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Healthy_me

Post by Healthy_me » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:30 am

This forum must be so very useful to the creators of the program. The Attacking Anxiety program is amazing. I went thru it a couple of years ago. And it helped me so much. I've tried to pick it up a few times over the past three years but I've been unsucessful. This time I'm starting with lesson 1. In the past I'd go directly to LESSON 3...

Well there is a lot of information in this lesson that I missed the other times when I opted to SKIP this lesson.

Lucinda has an amazing knack for motivating you and making you want for more. Making you realize that there is passion with in you and you can find it. I feel very positive and eager to go thru the program...

My story.. ever since I can remember I've suffered from anxiety that causes my depression. I tend to hide from the truth and lie to myself about things. The first time I went thru the program I felt such a positive difference in my life but as time slipped by so did the skills that I learned. Old habits die hard...

I know that I've always been like this so changing overnight is not an option but as long as I know the skills are there and that if I work at them I feel better...then I'll keep plugging away at it.

LB

Post by LB » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:22 am

slept during the relaxation tape and slept during lession 1.
Is this common?

MEDCKristie27

Post by MEDCKristie27 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01 am

I'm also on lesson 1 and I did sometimes sleep through the relaxation tape, I didn't sleep through lesson 1 though, having a hard time with moving to a new place and trying to get that ready and also getting out of the house.I feel too depressed in the house to just stay house some days.
probably normal to sleep through relaxation tape bcuz it's relaxing lol
Kristie

MEDCKristie27

Post by MEDCKristie27 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:39 pm

last night I also almost feel asleep!!! I think it could be bcuz we feel comforable listening to theses people and what they are going through??? I know I did!!

Healthy_me

Post by Healthy_me » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:12 am

the first time I did the program I fell asleep during the relaxation tape too. Now it just relaxes me. I'm going to listen to it right now actually - ;)

Eskielover

Post by Eskielover » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Originally posted by LB:
slept during the relaxation tape and slept during lession 1.
Is this common?
I have slept through the tape for both lesson 1 and lesson 2, but not the relaxation tape. Have to start the lesson tapes over again at a later point, so hopeflluy don't fall asleep before the finish.

one here

Post by one here » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm

at first the relaxation was very hard to do, because i was anxious to get it done with while i was listening to it, and expecting a result immediately. then i realized that i wasn't allowing myself to relax, therefore defeating the purpose of it. as i am still in the process of it, the relaxation has to be learned. lucinda bassett says it right on the relaxation cd, it may feel uncomfortable at first. which is totally true in my case. i am still trying to engrain the physical relaxation response to myself, so i keep practicing this and im starting to get. i also find that mixing lucinda's relaxtion with some other ones that i have work well.

DIAA

Post by DIAA » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 am

I just got the program yesterday and did fall asleep with the relaxation tape today but that is okay. Don't worry. I have used relaxation tapes previously and sometime you get so relaxed you drift in and out. Your brain is still hearing. I just listened to the Lesson 1 CD and did great with that. I am having more anxiety today but I think it is because I am finally dealing with all of this.

Ryan Lee

Post by Ryan Lee » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:08 am

Hi everyone! i just received my attacking anxiety program and i am soo excited to get started. I popped session 1 in as soon as i opened it, and just listening to Lucinda and others talk about exactly what i am going through, filled me with such joy and relief. The relaxation cd definetely backs up its name. I felt so relaxed that i had to fight to keep myself from drifting to sleep. This anxiety has been crippling me for years and for the first time i feel like im on the verge of getting over it. Just wanted to share with everyone my feelings about getting started.

missgsr

Post by missgsr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:40 am

It is such a wonderful feeling, isn't it Ryan Lee? :-)
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”