New and looking to meet people!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
CoreyL07

Post by CoreyL07 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 am

Hey guys I am corey,
I have always been a worrier and i stress allot. I am a freshman in college, i am 18 years old, and have the fear that I am going to loose my best friends back at home. I get really attached to my friends because im just that kind of person i guess... so anyways, i am going to attempt this new program so wish me luck! thanks again for whoever is reading this...
Corey Lazar

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 am

Welcome Corey,
No matter how far away you are from your hometown and friends you can easily keep in touch with them. Phone calls, emails, text messages - it's easy. Sure people get wrapped up in their own busy lives, but they will always be there for you. I've kept long distance friendships alive for 15 years by just picking up the phone once in a while to say hi and talk about old times.
Anyway, congrats on starting the program and good luck to you.
Cher

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:09 am

:) Welcome Corey..I am a Gramma 54 with a Grandsom going on 12 and a granddaughter 8. I hope neither ever have depression, but since it does run in the family it can very well happen. I would am here for you if you want me to be. I am a newbie also, but have been through depression most of my adult life. I am looking forward to meeting new people also, and love to chat. Good luck and I know since you are here now, you are way ahead of me ;) again.. Welcome !

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:35 am

Hi Corey07--I am proud of you for starting this program!!! I have a son who is a college sophomore who is so anxious, angry, and OCD that I know this would really help him but he won't really listen to me (you know, how could mom know anything) but I am hoping in time he will. I think I have been really anxious and worried all my life and passed it on to him, though he acts differently than I do. But for you to do this is fantastic and I think you will find a lot to help you. I wish I had has this sort of thing in college--it is about learning COPING SKILLS for life. I am between week 3 & 4 and and have learned much already. It is hard to put it into practice, but that's OK--a little at a time. So stay with it. Heidi

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:50 am

Thank you heidiO for the support!
Yeah my mom has anxieties as well and she originally bought this program for her but i was thinking IM DONE WORRYING! so i decided to try it.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:42 am

hi corey,

wow. i wish i had the program during my first year. it would have probably made all the difference. whatever, that's, like, ancient history.

but at least i have it now. believe me, it will help in the relationship realm. and it will help you make new friends at school, too.

Crave

Post by Crave » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm

Ya i hope to meet so many new people. Thanks for the support..i really appreciate it!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Corey:

You are way ahead of the game just recognizing that you needed help and sought it out so early in your life. Remember, some people are meant to stay in our lives forever and others were meant to be in our lives for whatever purpose they were meant to be at that particular time but will never be forgotten. Your closest, truest friends will stay just that and it will seem like no time has lapsed when you to see or speak with one another. Separation anxiety is very natural though, especially for college students.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”