I Just Started the program.

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
bigmike

Post by bigmike » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:04 am

Hey everybody I just started the program yesterday and wanted to introduce myself I have been suffering fro depression and aniexty for a couple of years now which has caused me to use drugs again. I am also a drug addict trying to recover fro the disease of addiction.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 pm

I was on 17 medications this summer and was so zoned out that I couldn't even function. Getting out of bed was a horrible task, much less washing clothes or cooking. I was terribly addicted to several of the meds and it seemed the doctors kept piling more on top. I found the drugs were just masking the problem and most were doing more harm than good. I went down to one anti-depressant that works for me and am off the anxiety meds since I started this program.
Congratulations and welcome to the program. That's a big step, and I'm sure you will do well here learning to cope with your illnesses instead of trying to temporarily escape them with drugs. Take care and good luck to you.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:21 pm

thanks bevhembree i can really use the support I am trying to detox from heroin with suboxone. I have an appoitment to see my doctor to see what my options are about an anti depressant Do they work for you? I have heard they are tough to get off. And I hate to replace one drug for another.Any suggestions will help. BTW The program is definitly working so far.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm on the ENSAM or is it the EMSAM patch which is a MAOI. It works wonders for me and has been a life saver. Good luck to you. Beverly

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:32 pm

What is that. I have been on many different kinds of meds and the one I'm on now is Effexor XR, 300 mg a day. I have been better since starting the program but still have been dealing with my alcoholism and eating disorder troubles. Any recomendations??
Jody

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:36 am

Hi Bigmike,

It sounds like you are in the right place! You've made the first step in overcoming your problem and now continuing with positive feedback from the program, people who have experienced similar situations, journaling your progress. It takes time, commitment and alot of patience. God Bless us All for the courage to want to help ourselves and put our lives back on track. We are worth it.

Keep going on!!!!
Cancer25

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:48 am

Bigmike, I am so proud of you, Heroin is such a bad drug. Its hard to get clean but we know that you can do it. I have all the faith in the world in you. This program is great. Dont worry about replacing one drug with another, they will eventually slowly ween you off, possibly to other drugs until you feel comfortble. Make sure you journal and talk to us, that has helped me so much. Do you come into the chat room? Do you mind if I ask how long have you been clean? I will pray for you if you would like. Have faith and stay strong. You can do it!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:37 pm

hey guys thank you so much for your support. Julia please pray for me.I am trying to start the suboxone tomorrow every time I try and take it the aniexty kicks in, even the thought of taking it the aniexty takes over. I have been trying to start since last week. Everyday it's the same thing. I was thinking of using the rleaxtion tape right after I take it maybe it will help. So Julia I am just trying to get one day clean.Thanks again for your support and encouragment. Any suggestions of how to take the suboxone let me know.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Alcohol just masks your symptoms temporarily and compounds the problem. You have to fight your "need" for it, and find something to do to take its place. You are stronger than it is and you can fight it! Rid your house of alcohol, and try grape juice to replace it to start with. Use the skills you are learning to fight the need, and don't be afraid to ask your doctor to try something different if you feel the Effexor isn't working. Good luck to you! Bev

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:01 pm

BigMike,
Yes, I have a wonderful anti-depressant finally. It's the EMSAM patch which is an MAOI. I've been through several, but this is the one for me. Good luck with your doctor and with your addiction. You are on the right road, and I'm so proud for you! Bev
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”