new to the program

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
roc26

Post by roc26 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:47 am

Hi guys,
Do any of you have a coach? Is it worth the money? I currently have a great therapist and am short on funds...coaching is pricey! Just wanted some feedback :) Also, please know how grateful I am to have this peer support.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Roc26 I have been in the program a little over a year. I have a very good therapist for a long time. She knows I do this program and knows I benefit from it.
The first time I did the program it was not as we are told to do it. I did benefit but not as much as I could have. I was very sick at the time. I am doing it over with friends and according to the plan in the manuel. I am doing much better this time. I guess I would say you get out of it what you put in. It is work and the only one who can do it is you. The work book and the coaching videos that come with the program are necessary. i am going a little slow now as of the holidays and I am having other problems. I find I can recognize my negative thinking now and change it.I have made a lot of improvement but it is a whole new why of thinking and acting. I can recognize my body symptoms of my anxiety disorder and have coping skills to deal with it. I guess the bottom line is the program is good if you are patient and are not looking for an instant fix. Hope this helps. Natalie

ohstra

Post by ohstra » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:27 am

Roc26 I am looking into the coaching thing, as I feel I committed myself to getting better, and I know that if I have someone there to bounce things off of it will help me get to my goal better with more confidence. From all that I have read and understand of this horrible thing, that is what we have lost, the ability to trust ourselves. Therefore, I think whatever the cost it is worth it. Good luck.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:54 am

Roc: Just signed up today for the coaching program. Yes, it is expensive, but does come with an 85% money back guaranty. I did not want to take medications, but am sick, scared and exhausted of all the symptoms. One thing about the forum, I have found that I am not alone in my symptoms and this gives me strength. I will keep you posted. Best

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”