Kind Words to Share

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
Don 56

Post by Don 56 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:45 am

Shortly after I started having this condition, GAD, I was really having a rough time dealing with it. Even after several weeks when I was having some success with various exercise, relaxation and medication, I was still struggling. Especially trying to remain at my high stress job!
One thing that helped me a lot was the constant flow of positive and encourging emails my wife sent me every morning. So I'm going to share one of my favorites here in hopes it can help someone else:

"Take a deep breath and let go of expectations about how this is suppose to go, just let the feeling of release flow from the
top of your head all the way down to your toes."
Don 56

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:52 am

thanks for sharing that....you are a very lucky man to have a wife who gets it and knows how to support you!

coco :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:06 pm

That kind of support is powerful, Don.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Don,

Hello. I'm new to this site. I too have GAD and recently recognized that coping with the stress at work has been a great challenge for me (10 hrs a day...)I enjoyed and appreciated your wife's quote, especially the part where she mentions "letting go of expectations about how things are supposed to go" That's awesome, and also the root of most of my anxiety. I've learned that I predetermine my own set of expectations and become incredibly flustered when they're not met. Most of the times it's through unforeseen circumstances. However, my goal is to someday is to be able to just "roll with it." Thanks for sharing! Dmarie08

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”