Im a man!

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
azdoc

Post by azdoc » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Im a guy who has been made fun of my hole life. the said thing about it is Im normal not that being made fun of is ok but i played sports footal basketball. I worked in a prison im going to a major university im engaged to a hot girl and im about to get a great job as a probation officer well an s.o. i have had anxiety for about 8 years now including while i was working in a prison. my question is i have know self essteem how to i gain it? also i have had this program for a about 3 years and havent been able to do everything in the program the right way so i have stopped and started so mant times my biggest challenge is writing all my negative thoughts.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Doc.

You have to start over with the program and this time commit to doing everything it says and just the way that it says to do it. If you do the program correctly, you will increase your self esteem. There's a whole week for it in the program. Really there's two, because the one on being assertive also boosts your self esteem.

Doc, people with anxiety and depression usually have very low self esteem and a "door mat" personality (someone who lets others walk all over them)or they tend to be overly agressive to compensate for the low self esteem.

It's not going to be easy, but if you want this stuff to go away, then it's worth the hard work.

Try again Doc. You have to work for it to acheive it.

Take care. DeeDee.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks deedee00 my biggest problemm is writing all the negative houghts down and doing the relaxation. didi u have this trouble.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Doc. It's always difficult in the beginning because we are so use to thinking negatively that it's hard to think of something positive to say to ourselves. The more you do it the easier it will become for you. I and most people had trouble with it.

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”