Hello Everyone

You will gain an understanding of the causes of anxiety and depression as well as some of the background traits, personality traits, and physical symptoms.
bew

Post by bew » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:47 am

Hello Everyone

I'm just finishing up week 1 and it's been an emotional roller coaster for me but I've stuck with it. I had the program sitting in the box for two weeks before I could talk myself into opening it and then it took another week for me to talk myself into starting it but I am determined to keep at it. As a matter of fact, it is making me very anxious to even write this posting but I want to get the most from this program. I am 48 years old and I have battled this condition for over 25 years on and off. I had times where it was better and I could do more things but every time it resurfaced it seems to have gotten stronger. Until now I find myself basically housebound---I don't go anywhere without my husband. I have difficulty stepping out the door into my own yard by myself and I have a very difficult time staying at home without my husband in the evenings if he has a business meeting. It's such a vicious circle because I am SO anxious that he tries not to have to leave me in the evenings but then I feel bad because it's ridiculous that a grown woman can't take care of herself. He's so kind and caring and would never say or do anything mean, but I feel like such a burden. So, I want to work at this diligently and get better. I'm so tired of feeling afraid and sad. I hope that connecting with others who have the same feelings will help me on my journey and that I can help others. Just listening to the first tape helped so much. Just to know that there are other real people out there going through all this too helps me to feel like maybe I'm not so weird after all. B :)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:01 am

Hello and welcome to the program.
I know how hard it was for me to get motivated to start it, so good for you bew!
I'm also from Canada, Ontario in fact. I've been battling this disorder now for 20 years. I'm 40 years old, and like you, I was once housebound.
I do have some advice for you if you would like to have a private chat sometime, I'll give you my phone # and you are welcome to call anytime.
Hang in there...You're braver than you think!

Lisa

Return to “Session 1 - Anxiety and Depression: Symptoms, Causes and Common Fears”