Easily addicted?

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
ashleypashley

Post by ashleypashley » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 pm

So i've been suffering with depression for a while, and on anti depressants. I got a prescription for hydrocodine about 3 years ago and i LOVED them. They make me feel like me, myself, cured, the way I should feel all the time. So i have a problem with that. I still find hydros and take them. I think I do have a problem and i've thought about rehab but i don't want people or myself actually to think i'm a drug addict. I'm having trouble making myself cut down caffeine as well because I LOVE RED BULL! I live in a small town with not a lot to do. So most everyone my age without kids parties, it's our pasttime. I dont get out of control with drugs, I have experimented with everything, still do from time to time. Hydros (pain pills in general) are something I find myself feeling like I need. Does anyone else have a life like this to some extent?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 am

Hi Ashley,
Dr OZ discussed ways to cut back on caffeine. His Co Worker/DR who checks the patients that do have drug problems admitted that he has a caffeine soda pop problem. So along w/America and a woman from the audience, the Dr worked at lower their intake of caffeinated pop. They did it, but it took some time.

I guess for you just don't drink the red bull if at all possible. Just check for the mgs of caffeine in the soda as well as other ingredients which is sugar. Add ice to water down the drinks. Withdrawals are hard to go through, but I can help encourage you if you want.

As for the hydrocodone, I have used these for pain after surgeries of different types. Earaches or sinus infections as well. I found that they do make you feel good...that is why they are given for pain. I have to be careful to not take them, because they make me feel good enough to do gardening and other physical activities that are just going to make me feel sore the next day after they wear off.

So it is important to wean yourself off of these and don't take them unless you absolutely have to.

I know peer pressure can be a problem, especially in a small town. So we're here to support you the best we can.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”