Getting off Pristiq- Terrible Withdrawal

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Michele16

Post by Michele16 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 am

I am weaning off Pristiq with my doctor's help. I feel absolutley awful I am just so derpressed that it is an incredible effort to just get up and go to work. Today I didn't even go to work because I just kept crying and felt so miserable. Has anyone had bad experiences from going off Pristiq? I am going ofit because I'm going to go on an MAOI. I have tried so many drugs and none of helped that much. I have to wait one week now before I can start the MAOI. I feel like I wish they could put me a drug induced coma for a week I wish I could just quit my job right now.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks you very much.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:33 am

Hi Michele,
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Going off of meds is very difficult. I had to wean myself off of beta blockers, it was hard, but I managed. Now I'm staying on a low dosage of Remeron. I hope to be off of it in the future. Not really my favorite anti-depressant, but it was needed after I weaned off of Wellbutrin and had my first panic attack.

How are you doing today?

SoWhatif

Post by SoWhatif » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I can understand the evil dilema Michele16. Getting off from anti-depressants such as paxil and Pritiq are complicated. A lot of Docters do not put much belief in the discontinuance side effects. I can vouch for them and they are real. It has taken me around 2 years to be at a point of discontinuing the Pristq. I have learned alot about myself, I have learned how important proper nutrition is, no or minimal sugars, no or minimal caffene, if you use alcohol your playing fire. Talk to a therapist or maybe a Physc Dr. Expect results or find another. The most important is finding the why or what is causeing your depression. Like what is the anger your holding, or what are the triggers. Keep looking forward and working the program. Look into getting your body healthy along with building positives around yourself. You are the only one that can identify what is eating at your desires.
Bless ya and I will be around if you want to work at it.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”