Is anyone else on Zoloft & Buspar??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Am 23

Post by Am 23 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 am

I am currently taking 200mg of Zoloft and 40 mg a day of Buspar (both are the generic brands though I'm taking)I just wanted to connect with people who are also taking these type of meds and get your input and feelings. I started taking these two meds in December. I feel a lot better. No panic attacks. Still some fearful thoughts but not anything I can't control. Ummm I notice naseua and a little foggy when waking up.
Also I'm taking the generic brands for both and will begin taking the actual Zoloft brand name Will i notice a difference?? I mean from what I'm told the HCI Sertraline and zoloft are the same strength and everything.
I do notice I am still irratible!! I hate feeling like that I feel so guilty when I act rude or irratible to the ones I love :? But I mean other then that, that is what I am experiencing. Please fell free to comment and tell me your experiences with these meds and your side effects. If I can think of anymore side eefects that I can not remember right now I will post more. Thanks guys :)
The Lord will get me through this <3

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am

Is medicine ok if your going through this program does Lucinda Basset agree with taking meds. I am afraid of medicine I take them a couple of days and stop because i'm scared. I have to do something. Is medicine ok with the program and thearpy which I'm starting on wednesday and I take 4mg. of xanax aday doesn't help but afraid to go off it because of the withdrawl. Can someone please let me know what to do.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:31 am

I had been on Zoloft for years until generic became popular and Sertraline worked the same for me. After awhile the side effects may subside and do keep open dialogue with your doctor.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 pm

I have been on zoloft and buspar for over a year. They work good for me, however I still have to take xanax from time to time. I notice a big improvement on my moodiness once I started on the medication. I take the generic for both, they work fine.

It is ok to take medication while doing the program. There are two types of medication, the medication for anxiety and the medication for depression. The idea is that with the program you will be able to stop your medication for anxiety, but only when you are ready to do so, and always with the supervision of your doctor. The medication for depression is different, some people can stop it others need to keep taking it. You and your doctor have to decide what is the best for you.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Terri it is okay for you to take meds while on the program. Lucinda also states that on one of the cds included. I see what your saying about being scared I was the same way but the medicine I'm on does wonders. Ofcourse my goal is to eventually be able to control these attacks on my own without the meds. But while learning new skills to cope I will be on medicine. I'm not scared to take it anymore I feel great. I have tried other meds that I didn't like and I just let the Dr. know and we switched them and then I was put on the Zoloft and buspar which works for me. No need to scared Terri you can do anything you put your mind too. Oh also I do take xanax sometimes to help sleep but that's once in a blue moon. Hope I helped ya.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm

hi everyone i just started taking zoloft 50mg and i also have to take iron pills called integra plus i wanted to know if any one else have to take this or heard of integra plus and is it okay to take them together.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

I also take 50mg of Zoloft (for now I know they will up it to 100 soon) and I take 15 mg of buspar (for now they want to up it to 30) also have klonopin and xanax. I took the zoloft years ago for about 5 years and it was awesome! Helped me so much. I am now doing lesson 2 and I really think that if I did not have the meds I would not be able to pay attention to the program cause my anxiety just does not let me sit still. Only on week 2 of meds so still have some bad days(like today) but have also had some good days so ...there ya go!

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:41 am

Hey Terri...
I'm on Zoloft 125mg and am doing great. I was on Xanax, but was taken off due to its high addiction. I am now on Klonopin and take it as needed, though I did go cold turkey with the Xanax (I don't recommend it)! It was awful, if you want to get off of it, make sure you lower your dose slowly and consult with your doctor. It was crazy and I felt awful for about a week. I hope you feel better!
Coleen
Originally posted by Terri Molitor:
Is medicine ok if your going through this program does Lucinda Basset agree with taking meds. I am afraid of medicine I take them a couple of days and stop because i'm scared. I have to do something. Is medicine ok with the program and thearpy which I'm starting on wednesday and I take 4mg. of xanax aday doesn't help but afraid to go off it because of the withdrawl. Can someone please let me know what to do.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”