Paxil Withdrawal

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
Louella

Post by Louella » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hey anyone,
I am currently off my meds. My choice. But having some serous side effects. Panic, anxiety, depression, vivid dreams, and anger (just to name a few). Has Anyone gone though this and is there anything I should know or do? I am re-doing to CD's and on #2. It's helping, but still freaking out a little. HELP.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Louella,

I am currently on 40 mgs. of Paxil and have been on Paxil for many years. I have not tried to come off of it yet, but it is something I am seriously considering.

From all that I have read, Paxil is one of the harder drugs to come off of and you need to do it VERY, VERY slowly. How many mgs were you on and how did you do your taper?

From what I have read, it is possible, but it just takes a long time. You need to do it very gradually and be patient with the taper.

Let me know how you are doing... I care...

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Blick, Sorry I just read this now.
Anyway, I was on twenty mgs. for ten years. Now I'm off totally. I think I went off way too fast. In about two weeks I was off! Crazy. I would not suggest that to anyone. I was doing great before the withdrawal. It's now been about seven weeks. I'm slowly coming around. Just got myself some GABA and Taurine from the health food store and it is helping tremendously.
Don't go off fast. I too had read all the withdrawl horror stories, but did it anyway. Give yourself a long time to get off, REALLY.
Hope all is well.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”