Alternative Therapies

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
suzyblue

Post by suzyblue » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:27 am

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with alternative therapies? Have you found them to be as effective as medication? I'm a Lexapro veteran of six years and I've recently, with the permission of a psychiatrist, weaned off of it completely. I went through a lot of withdrawal symptoms -- with anxiety and panic reaching an all time high. Before the drugs, I'd never had a panic attack. Now, I'm depressed again and still having problems with anxiety. After six years of being on these drugs, I think my body just doesn't know what to do. I don't want to go back on them as long as I can help it, so I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest some good alternative therapies. Thanks so much.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:55 am

Read the book "Healing Depression the body-mind way", from Liebler and Moss. It has a very good explanation about different options to help with depression and anxiety.
Sometimes it is medication do help. You could ask your doctor to try a different med.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 am

Thanks, hope :)

I appreciate your help.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:52 am

The best alternative therapy for me was this program. Nothing works better than learning to control the thoughts that make you anxious & depressed. And exercise too.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:15 am

I am having some bad days since my husband and I had some very "eye opening" talks about the future. I just got to worrying and I was back on that old circle of anxiety and depression it just feeding upon itself. Anyone here on Seroquel? I am on full dosage again (300 mg.) for only 3 days and don't know it it's not working or am I just needing to talk to myself more.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:09 am

I'm going to recover, I am recovering, each and everything I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live a life based on fear, anxiety and depression anymore.

The medication helps, but is not a cure. Continue with the program. That will be your best medicine.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 am

Originally posted by mcshope:
I'm going to recover, I am recovering, each and everything I do makes me more recovered. I will do everything I possibly can to recover in the most healthiest way because I refuse to live a life based on fear, anxiety and depression anymore.
I am going to live by that. Very life changing
And encoraging. Sorry about the spelling.
Thank you

The medication helps, but is not a cure. Continue with the program. That will be your best medicine.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”