NEED ADVICE??

Questions and experiences with prescription medications
tubby9

Post by tubby9 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am

I am taking the generic version of wellbutrin sr(bupropion). I am on day 20 and I can tell you that I have never been more sick to my stomach, constant feeling of hunger and had a horrible headache as I have for the last 5 days. I don't know if it has something to do with the meds or not. I do get that "skipped" vision feeling every once in a while as well.
When I first started I had horrible bloating and constipation along with headaches. Then it seemed to subside, but now I am having seperate side effects. Plus the anxiety is ridiculous that I have been having lately too.

I am not sure what to do so I got an appointment with my doc to try and get some answers.

Anyone else experience these feelings and/or symptoms?

Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am

hi,
I take the same thing and never had a problem with it.I think that if I was you that i would call your dr. and ask him or his nurse if it is a side effect.just thought that would be a wise choice.if it is have him put you on something else.hope that helps and be blessed and good luck in the progeam.
don

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 am

I actually had a similar problem when taking generic Paxil. I went back to taking the brand name and within 4 days of going back to the brand, I was back to normal. Some people are more sensitive to generics. My doctor at the time (a year ago) never heard of anyone reacting that way to generics, but now he says he has one other patient that had the same problem. Maybe you can talk to your pharmacist in addition to your doctor. Good luck and you will get through this.

Return to “Prescription Medication Discussion”