Need some encouragement

Don't let a setback discourage you, face the challenge and come out stronger for it. Celebrate your successes and be open to all of new opportunities that are about to come into your life.
boogieon

Post by boogieon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:38 am

I completed the program in 2005 and have been panic and intrusive thought free for over three years. It was just not there for me any more. I literally could not have a panic attack. I flew repeatedly, traveled, had a child, was perfectly and completely "normal". I lost my brother in Feb. and never once felt panicky over it.

Then one night in Oct. one of my old intrusive thoughts popped in to my head and it has been a downward spiral since. I immediately had a full blown panic attack and for some reason I am petrified of them again. I'm repeating the program and am on week 2, but I really need to hear that this is just a bump and that the program will work the same for me again as it did the first time. I'm just doubting everything right now.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:38 am

No, it won't work the same for you. It will work better. That is only rational. You've already been down this road, and you have the tool box. You had what I call a trip up in life and you fell down. I'm glad you are back here, instead of heading for something else. It's all in how we think. Our perceptions and thoughts create our attitude, thus our life. You tripped. It's okay. Go through the whole program again, meet a few new friends here, we'll be here for you ;) and you can do this.

SHERRYS

Post by SHERRYS » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Yes to what pecos said! You can do this again and be better for it. "Life happens" and sometimes we hit difficult times. So we use what we've learned and experienced to help us through. If I can offer any advise (as someone who went through the program 10 years ago and have recently "hit a bump" and am going through it again,) don't let the memory of what you went through three years ago scare you this time. You know that you succeeded once, so just take this as it it comes - one day or one hour at a time. There are alot of people supporting you!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Hello, I understand what you are going through, I have my flash backs and nightmares come back out of nowhere. It is hard, but each time it is a little easier to get past it. If you would like some more support you can check out my social network at <A HREF="http://victims.ning.com" TARGET=_blank>Victims of Violent crimes</A>

Return to “Session 15 - Getting Beyond a Growth Spurt”