Hard time tomorrow

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, I worked with a doc to get me off Xanax and Lortab which was no problem when you wean. The Lortab I had just been prescribed in June at a low dose. I've had .5 Xanax a while but they upped it to 2 mg, and that took a little while to come off of.
So now my neck and shoudler pain are out of control. I've tried all kinds of non-medicating routes but it's exasurbated (sp?) bad this time. It's been here and there for the last 21 years.
Apparently doc thinks I need Suboxone which is for withdrawal from opiate though I've had less than 90 in 4 months. See I wake in after a few hours in pain. I stay up waiting for the ibuprofin to kick in. I'l be tired and cry. Hubby will say to go get half a Lortab. I sleep but the pain is back when I wake.
SO- Finally the point- Please think about me tomorrow when I go in for this treatment. I'm scared but hopeful. They will observe me for a long while b/c I could have all kinds of reactions. I still want to get a grip on what the cause of the pain is so we can treat it instead of covering it up.
Anyone know anything about trigger points- that's been my best relief so far. Thanks
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Good luck tomorrow Bev I'll be thinking about you. My physical therapist used to use a lot of trigger point therapy on me when my neck was bad. It seemed to help quite a bit. I also had a client at one time (from my acupressure therapy days) that had Fibromyalgia and said she felt so much better after the acupressure treatment and also slept better. Have you tried any acupressure?

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”