new to group

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
p.swan

Post by p.swan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 am

Hi, my name is Paul.
My personal and professional life up until the last 10 years (I'm 49) have been manageable as a husband (married 20 years) and as an aircraft inspector...until i was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and severe depression. Then things went downhill from there. I now have only <20% kidney function and am just shy of dialysis -- yikes-- and am now on ss disability due to CKD and depression.
The kidney problems started when I was 8 years old with a severe kidney infection. I suffered through the infection without help from my parents or doctors (long story: Christian Scientists, ignorant parents, father married to the job, 5 bros and sis', etc...). Poor self esteem and depression have always been despotic friends, but have always managed to at least "function." School and studying never came easy -- didn't get to graduate with my HS class. I've never really liked myself.
Now that I have time to concentrate on Lucinda's program, I'm hoping it will help free my mind from the burden of anxiety and depression. I'm really looking forward to it.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:30 am

Welcome aboard, Paul. You've come to the right place. Do the work recommended in the workbook. Persevere. Be patient with yourself as you go along. Keep posting and read others posts as they have great information that will help you, too.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:20 am

Hi Paul! Good luck with the program! I like to do the extra listening in the car..... I'm new too. Are you on any antidepressents or anxiety pills?

Good luck and hang in there.

Hank

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:21 am

PAUL,

EVERY TIME I SEE A NEW PERSON SEEKING HELP, I AM JOYFUL. PRACTICE THE THINGS IN THE PROGRAM EVERY DAY. NEVER GIVE UP. WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU. BE GOOD TO YOURSELF. BE AWARE OF YOUR THOUGHTS...MOVE THEM INTO A JOURNAL. GET THEM OUT OF YOUR HEAD. REPLACE THEM WITH SELF LOVING AFFIRMATIONS. LOOK IN THE MIRROR EVERY DAY AND SAY I AM OK. EVERY DAY IN EVERY WAY I GET BETTER AND BETTER. YOU CAN DO IT.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:41 pm

Welcome Paul!!
You will gain much insight here. Keep coming back and keep posting.
Wishing you healing and comfort!
MaryJane

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”