I am freaking out...... woke up with muffled ear and ringing

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Jenbepositive

Post by Jenbepositive » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 am

This morning when I woke up I couldnt hardly hear out of my right ear then it started to ring and it wont seem to stop. It is just a constant ring in my ear. It doesnt hurt just soooooooo uncomfortable. I am so afraid something is really wrong! Has anyone had this? Please help I am so scared right now!

Thanks,
Jennifer
Live, Laugh, and Love often

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 am

Jen

I dont know if its the same thing but this summer I got both ears completely plugged with wax. It was very scary and I completely couldnt hear it was like wearing earplugs. Made me feel kinda off balance and of course I freaked so it was very scary and uncomfortable. I called the Dr. and although I had to wait all day long to get an appointment I did get in to see her and she irrigated them and it was much better. It was disgusting the black wax that was coming out.

She told me it was very common to have build up and that there was nothing I did wrong to make it happen. And that there were no serious complications to expect as a result of this. But I tell you I was stressing all day long waiting for the appointment the things I had in my head that were wrong were so over the top.

Like I said dont know if its exactly the same but a visit to the doctor should steer you in the right direction.

Actually my Dr. wasnt in so I saw the Nurse practitioner she was able to clean my ears just fine.

good luck Annette

mrsunderstood

Post by mrsunderstood » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 am

Maybe you slept on that side of your head all night and had some sinus drainge. This happened to my daughter once.Just calm down and maybe you should see your Dr.like Dodger said.But I bet it is nothing serious.Hope you feel better.

BTTRFLY

Post by BTTRFLY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 am

Hello--I have had this a lot. It is usually when I have a cold, but sometimes when I don't. It can be caused by sinus drainage as was mentioned when you have a cold, or getting water in your ear like from the shower or swimming. With a really bad cold you can get water behind your eardrum, this is annoying and can last a few weeks before it eventually drains by itself. Do not stick anything into your ear, like a q-tip, etc. That can cause infection, perforated eardrum, etc. You may want to see your doc to make sure it is not the beginning of an ear infection, but given the time of year I am sure it has to do with cold season. Let us know, and don't worry :)

Tara
"If nothing ever changed...there would be no Butterflies." Author unknown

Jenbepositive

Post by Jenbepositive » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 am

Thank you so much for your replys. I started to feel better finally. The ringing went away and I could finally hear out of my ear good. I think that maybe I slept on my ear and thats why it happened. I dont know but it scared me so bad. It sent me into a panic. At least now I know if it happens again I will be fine. Thanks again everyone. I love you all.

Love,
Jen
Live, Laugh, and Love often

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”