NAUSEA

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Iv been having a lot of dull feeling nausea lately. I don't know what. I mean I still get hungry and feel I want to eat so its not like that usual nausea where you ate too much or something like that. Maybe it's the b-12 vitamin iv been taking? I don't know, maybe not. Does anyone know anything or any type of remedy that helps for nausea??? Also, It is a week before my period could this be the reason? I feel better when I burp but it keeps coming back. I heard that Ativan is goos for nausea too so i am even considering taking that for my nausea but I don't know. . .
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Holly:
I'm having some nausea once in awhile.
I don't sweat it right now. I am over-weight
and if it slows down my eating - well, very well. I think for me it is still symptoms from getting off my prescription med.
I think that taking B vitamins can cause nausea on an empty stomach. My sister says it does that to her.

I am not a doctor but I doubt you should take ativan for nausea. It is habit forming . Can you find some kind of mint or something like that to settle your stomach.
I think I do remember that you have trouble keeping enough weight on. So of course you don't need anything that will keep you from eating. Like nausea.
Try eating something before you take that B-12.
Also a saltine cracker relieves nausea sometimes for me.
I hope that settles down for you.
MJ

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Thank you corn flower. Yes I am trying to put on more weight. It probably is the b -12 doing this. I'll stop it and see if the nausea still lasts. Im about to grab some crackers right now.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

ShelbyFae

Post by ShelbyFae » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello, Holly~

Ginger is great for nausea. Peppermint is as well, but causes a good deal of acid in the tummy. Ginger, on the other hand, is used for motion sickness as well as nausea, so i would try that. A few drops of the essential oil in a foot spa is a great treat for when you are pampering yourself, too!

I use saltines as well. An old standby from my pregnancy days (daze *lol*).

I hope this helps.

Also, if it's the kind of nausea that is relieved if you can burp, try sipping diet gingerale or 7-up. Keyword: sipping.

Best~

Shelby

Holly J

Post by Holly J » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Thank you so much Shelby. I need to go get some 7 up soon. I was even thinking of getting real gingerale, not the canada dry stuff.

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”