Heartburn 0-:

For discussion of Chronic Diseases such as Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, etc.
Holly J

Post by Holly J » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:59 pm

I have experienced the worst heartburn right now. I think it is because i was taking an herbal pill and it got stuck in my throat. I didn't swallow it down all the way i guess. . Anyway, when I was kinda choking on it i threw it up (along with my dinner) and 15 min later I just experienced intense heartburn. It felt like my throat and chest was burning like crazy. . Felt a little like a chest pain too. . do you think it was from throwing up? . . And what is good for heartburn? Than you.
"Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)"

FreeToBeGG

Post by FreeToBeGG » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 am

The heartburn you experienced may have been from vomitting. Do you get indigestion often? If you do, you may want to see your doctor. I have wicked acid reflux and indigestion, and have had for years. My GP told me to take 150 mg of zantac twice a day. At first, it helped a ton, but even that's not helping so much anymore. I eat Rolaids often, keeping them at home and at my desk at work. For occasional heartburn, Rolaids work well. When nothing seems to work for me, I drink some milk, and this will do it. Good luck!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Freetobe:
I was just reading this morning that 2 tablespoons of applecider vinegar in an 8 oz glass of water would get rid of that for you.
I think that that is true. I'd heard that before. At first I found that unbelievable.
But now I believe it.
I bet you could find out about that on the internet.
It would be worth a try.
I hope something helps you.
Mary Jane

Return to “Chronic Disease Sufferers”