how does clutter affect you?

Stress can keep you down. Stress can also help you create. Learn to make stress a positive force in your life.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 am

Flylady has really helped me over the last few years. I know when my house is messy, my thinkin starts stinkin. My perfectionism will tell me not to try because it won't be perfect. But Flylady says anything you do will bless your family and not to worry about doing it perfect. It helps and also the routines are extremely important.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh, I checked out that site and cannot wait to dig more into in the morning. Thank you so much for sharing!

Post by Guest » Fri May 01, 2009 4:14 am

the fact that there is a connection between clutter and depression/anxiety is FANTASTIC news for me. i'm glad to hear i am not the only one like this, and also it makes me feel better about the mess my home sometimes becomes. i'm working on getting better so i know tidyness will come too. i'm off to check out the fly lady web site. thanks!!!!!

Post by Guest » Tue May 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Amen to this thread. I need big time help here in this area, and true, if we want to feel content we need to clean out the cobwebs in our mind.

Post by Guest » Tue May 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Thank you Dawn. I checked out the web-site, and it's awesome. I'll get into it further in the morning. Take care!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:52 am

I use to live in clutter. It's amazing how much more space and how utterly enjoyable it is to come home now that it is free of clutter.

I know that overwhelmed feeling when you look around and don't know where to start. I attacked my clutter by starting in the corner of a room and cleaning out from that corner. When I do that, I am encouraged by the progress I make as I move out from the corner cleaning and de-cluttering all the way. It helps you stay focused instead of doing what I call "My ADD Cleaning" when I go from one room to another, or cleaning one thing or another without finishing anything, and seeing no progress, which makes you feel hopeless again.

When you clean from the corner out, you can stop whenever you've had enough, but you will have made visable progress that can encourage you to go back and finish up. De-cluttering is freeing and also relieves stress.
Good luck!

Return to “Session 14 - How to Keep Stress from Becoming Anxiety”