Other helpful Life Books

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
kidsisme

Post by kidsisme » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:48 am

So here are three books that are helpful about getting your life together in general. They aren't about anxiety or depression or OCD. They are about getting out of our heads and focusing on loving others and loving ourselves.

The 5 Love Languages - Everyone has a love lang. you simply need to figure out what it is and do those things that make that person feel loved. We all operate differently.

The Love Dare - This is a Christian based book about loving and serving your spouse.

Any Book by Dave Ramsey. He will teach you what a lie we've been sold about living in debt and how to get out of it. That calmed me down tremendously. We now only owe on our house and we're working on it.

I know all these books are great and they go a long way towards getting our priorities where they should be if we are married. That always helps me.

Ken B.

Post by Ken B. » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:39 am

Those are great selections, We got the Love Dare as part of a package, I work for the City of Lynchburg,Va as a fire fighter, and Liberty University (Jerry Falwell) gave us tickets to the movie Fireproof, staring Kirk Camron as a fire captain having marital trouble. It was very moving. I went to the movie as a christian already, but I still saw alot of myself in the character. Anger, resentment, denial, etc.
I would also recommend anything by Max Lucado, and one of the all time greats, C.S. Lewis.

pinkeetoz

Post by pinkeetoz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 am

Oh, I have heard that Fireproof is a great movie and looking forward to seeing it, pinkee

kidsisme

Post by kidsisme » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Yeah Fireproof was good. My husband and I saw it together. It would be hard to not see yourself in this movie. I think they put a bit of every thing that can go wrong in a marriage into the movie. I ordered the book through a church that sponsored the movie in our town. I need to check back with them and ask them what happened to the book I already paid for? lol I'm looking forward to doing it. My husband and I have a good marriage and I'd like to have a great marriage. I know it can't always be love songs and starry eyes but if we just put a little more time into it our marriage could be very good most of the time.

Jazelle

Post by Jazelle » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Glad to see the encouragement of great Christian books into our homes. The book "The Five Love Languages" can in implemented into any relationship.
The radio broadcasts of American Family Radio gave an excellent background story of the production of the "Fireproof" movie.