The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Marybc

Post by Marybc » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 am

I just started reading this book when I started the program and have found it to be really inspirational. It supports what we are learning here - be in the present moment. It's been helpful and reinforcing while working through the sessions.
I recommend it.
I'll be looking for his new book - A New Earth.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Hey Mary,

I'll have to look into a few books people are talking about. Thanks for posting about it.

BTW I lived in BC way back in 1972...OMG just realized how long ago that was.LOL

I keep telling my husband I want to move out west...I was 17 at the time and lived in Powell River..it was so tiny an area and although beautifull I felt so stranded. Will make it back there one day..I hope.

Have a great evening.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:36 pm

"A New Earth" is a terrific book.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:58 am

Please be careful with these types of books. Deep involement in New Ageism is what gave me anxiety disorder..it is possible to really mess up your brain with this stuff. Dismantling the ego can go too far until you are really dismantled.

Sam I Am..

Post by Sam I Am.. » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 am

I have read this book also .
I understand his concept of "staying present "
he just has a very complicated way of getting it across .
Not an easy read !

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am

I agree Lynn I tried reading the power of now and was getting annoyed and wished he wrote it better. He complicated it too much for me so I stopped reading it.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I picked up "The Power of Now" a few days before I discovered this anxiety and depression program. It has helped me tremendously in processing my emotions and helping me see what is real and what is imagined. Staying present is the key.
Anyone else reading this?

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Just got done reading this one and I'm also reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. These two books together have really chanaged the way I think. An I for one am an admittingly stubborn person that doesnt wanna think I should change my thought patterns. Wow that sounded like I still have an Egoic mind. :P I tend to think that my environment is a very negative place but once you relinquish control it really opens you to all things an suprisingly most of it is positive.