The Four Agreements by Don Miguel

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Lilly_Light

Post by Lilly_Light » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:32 am

I just wanted to see what others think of this book. I picked it up recently (my cousin was the first to recommend it to me), and I'm really enjoying it. In fact, I have placed it on my Amazon shopping list, along with the companion book, so that I can purchase a copy (I am thinking about giving as a gift to a couple of people, as well) when I'm next able to.

Lilly_Light

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:15 am

hmmm just lost a post to you .....lilly, i would LOVE to hear more about the four agreements...share share with me if you want=PM me. i would think its along the lines of more positive thinking training one's mind like the Secret and Laws of Attraction and "Ask and It Shall Be Given"=on my LIST for sure...but i am having to prioritize my LIST as got focusing issues and Forgetting/Remembering problems these days...so needs to finish what i gots on my plate already. but would love to Hear about it til i can get myself there. best to you lilly

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello,
I was hoping to see this book in the list of good books. I love this book. I have my own copy and am going through it for a second time now. It really makes you think about how we think and how we take things into our minds. I love the idea of knowing that I don't have to accept what someone says to me unless I want to. Sometimes it is hard to talk with people and not get their take on something out of my mind but we don't have to let what anyone says to us hurt us.
We can attain the kingdom of heaven while here in the midst of the world in all it's faults.
It's a great book and an easy read.

acara

Post by acara » Fri May 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Lilly,

What a coincident,I just purched "The Four Agreements" and really enjoyed it. The lady at the book store suggested it when I was looking for "The Quiet Mind". By the way does anyone know who wrote that book and is it worth purchasing?

Bryan De

Post by Bryan De » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:40 am

its funny...i purchased this book years ago as part of an acting class i was taking at the time.

i did not find it too useful then, but when dealing with anxiety and panic attacks it is pretty good info.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:38 pm

This is great!! I was just getting ready to post this book on this site when I saw that it was already here. How :cool: is that? This book is amazing. Realizing that it is not about you is such a powerful tool to understanding people and yourself. Your able to look at situations differently and your perspectives change when your in that mind set. I purchased his books as a set. There are two others that came with it. I will have to post about them as I read them. What I find most amazing and exciting about life at times, is that just when you think you get it all, something else comes along to introduce what we "thought" we already knew in a different light with a different approach and that my friends is evolving! Constantly evolving is a daily task for all of us. Books of this nature just seem to speed it up. I love it! I hope that others will pick up a copie as well. :)

FYI, the library here said the waiting list for this book has topped their charts.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 pm

the four agreements is one of the best books i've read. years ago when i first started reading it, all i could think was "i spent $13 for this nonsense?" LOL then it caught my attention and i've never looked back!!! i keep it in the car at all times and sometimes take it in to work. wherever it opens is where i start reading. i've reread it over and over. it is SO POSITIVE!!!

happy reading,

Mayzee

Post by Mayzee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 am

I just read this book two weeks ago. I enjoyed it and wonder if the others are worthwhile as well.