Eye "sparkles" after an episode of anxiety?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Karilynn

Post by Karilynn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 am

I don't really know how else to explain these... they are like little silver dots in my vision and they only last 10 seconds at the most. They look like little shiny stars. I'm wondering though, does anyone else get these? I notice them after I'm really anxious, almost panicky, and sometimes after a panic attack I do get them. They're annoying! Anyone else know what I'm talking about with this little sparkly things in my vision?
hugs&kisses,
Karilynn

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert

"How you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. And, so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big test followed by one big lesson. In the end, it all comes down to one word: grace. It's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, darkness and the light."

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 pm

I get those Karilynn. The ones that I get look like they are silver stars in front of me that I could just reach out and touch. I have been having them way before my anxiety started though and mine just come randomly, I dont seem to get them when I am anxious. When it happens though it freaks me out and I will start to panic. I start thinking I will pass out but I never do. I dont know what they are. I would try not to let them scare you. I went to the dr and he sent me to an eye doctor but they both said it was normal. Hope you get to feeling better.

Love,
Jen

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 pm

I get those and flashes of light. It is usually in the corner of my eye. It is weird and kind of scary. :(

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 pm

A doctor told me it was a spike in your blood pressure that causes it

luvpiggy

Post by luvpiggy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 pm

i had my first panic attack in oct 07 and since then i get those flashes of light off and on maybe its due to anxiety and panic because i never had it before i just had floaters

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Hey I have not experienced the sparkling little stars, but I have had a flashing in my eye that looks like a kalidescope and no matter if I close my eyes or not it is still there. It just keeps flashing and is very colorful and in a specific shape. I had it checked out by a doctor and said that it was a ocular migraine, probably caused by stress. Never heard of this.
has anyone else?
Mary Lu

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to know others get them and that they are normal! They are SO weird!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi Karilynn--I have seen those many times myself, however, they do not seem to be tied to my anxiety at all. I also get "tunnel vision" where everything kind of narrows to a small point and the edges are all black, then after a minute or two it goes back to normal.

bna

Post by bna » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 pm

Hey Mary lu,
I suffer with a similar thing, in fact i just got finished having one, which kinda freaks me out. I get visual distortion, very subtle, then different shapes flash and cross my vision. It lasts for about 30-40mins, then my vision goes back to normal. It woke me up one night, i thought i saw it in my dreams, and when i opened my eyes, there were the flashing lights. This tells you it is a brain thing and not an eye thing. Get an eye exam, if you haven't already. I have had mri's ct scans and seen a neurologist and they have all come to the same conclusion, a vascular migraine, without the pain. Mine have gotten much more frequent, now monthly, i am sure stress has alot to do with it. I am sure hormones have an effect too. I am 42. I know they can be really scary, and that is why i started having panic attacks again after many years. Good luck, try not to worry.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”