Disassociation....Please help

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
roc26

Post by roc26 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:22 am

Hi guys,
I am having a hard time at the moment b/c I am constantly disassociated. I do not avoid any activities but am constantly in a "cloud". I feel like I am not really "here". My thoughts consist of.... what if my family is not really my family? What if I finally lose it b/c of my disassociation? What is this life all about? I usually feel as if I am watching a movie or listening to a CD. I experienced these exact same symptoms 10 years ago wehen I had another horrific bout w/ anxiety but they eventually went away (about 6 months). I am on medicine (which has helped), go to therapy, do the program, eat well and exercise, distract myself, don't drink caffeine or alcohol...but I still am suffering. I just want my life back and to STOP obsessing and feeling like I am in this false reality. I know it is a symptom of my condition and I know my thought are completely irrational but I HATE feeling so displaced. Please offer any advice you may have. God Bless- roc26

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:44 am

hi roc, im sorry i dont have any real advise for you, i wanted to let you know that you are not alone. i also have feelings of unreality most of the time only in my case i do shy away from certain functions and activities. hopefully the program will help us both with these issues. hang in there and peace will come........cathy

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:46 am

Hi

I am not feeling strong myself today but I have had the type of thoughts that you are experiencing. We both know that in the past they have gone away but they feel like hell when we are experiencing them. All I can say right now is that I understand the pain you feel because I'm feeling it too. As they say "This too shall pass".

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:01 am

I have lived that life once to many times. It actualy drove my wife crazy because we would be in a social situation and it was like I was their in body only. The only thing that helps is time and practice. You need to practice what the program teaches and allowe it time to take effect. Their is no quick and easy solution. I believe that positive thought is the best way of going about it though. Think that you will not be disassociated and you won't. Your mind is the most powerful tool you have you just need to learn to use it in a positive way instead of negative. Also try looking into the posts that were put up last week about EFT. That may help. Good Luck.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 am

Roc - You must stop fighting. Stop the resistance. It is so easy for us to embrace/love what we feel is "good" about ourselves. The trick is to embrace/love what we see as negative. You must embrace the whole of you - warts and all.

I CAN HANDLE THIS. NO MATTER WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH, I CAN HANDLE THIS. IT'S NO BIG DEAL. IT'S NOT GOING TO KILL ME. IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE BUT THAT'S ALL. SO WHAT. I WOULD PREFER TO NOT EXPERIENCE THIS BUT I CAN FUNCTION THIS WAY JUST THE SAME.

Let go of your resistance to what you are experiencing and you let go of your pain. It's true. It's really true. Disassociation is not something to fear. It can't hurt you so move on with your day. Take all your feelings with you wherever you go and breathe into them. Learn to love each and everyone of them. That is where your freedom is.

stephen25

Post by stephen25 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 am

Hey Boon,

Just thought you should know that I copied and pasted your message to Roc so I can place it on my fridge as a reminder.

Thanks!

Neil G

Post by Neil G » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:56 am

ROC,
i used to have the same problems and i would wake up ad hve too look around to make sure where i was..i was home in bed and one time it made me laff and i told my wife and she said that it is a way too meet new people.lol and if i ever woke up once and did not know where i was then she would tap me in the head and i would remember real fast :D. thought that i would throw some humor in to make it better for you. take care and know that you can over come it..know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and GOD BLESS..
DON

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”