weird symptom... do you have it?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
HowsitGonnaBe

Post by HowsitGonnaBe » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:48 pm

I feel strong dissacociation a lot, so things that get altered alter my whole world it seems, like if i change the lighting in a room i'm in, it feels like i'm in a whole nother house, or even in another era, or dimension, or planet, as if i just jumped 10 years in the future.
So when I see someone in costume it alters my perception too. Like when i'm with my daughter and bf, he plays around trying on the masks, and everytime he puts a mask on and i see him, i got all whoozy headed almost dizzy as if my eyes can't adjust to this new perspective. As if i can't connect to the perspective i had of bf without the mask to the bf with the mask, to me it feels like it's a new day or something.
Does anyone else get that way?
Happy Perspectives!

~Me~

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Yes I have felt that way, I believe its another symptom of anxiety called depersonlization/derealization I have had it big time. dont let it scare you , its the fear of it that fuels it . Just go with it and know that it will pass. I have walked around for weeks on end thinking constantly about how I feel and if things feel real or not , its a hard one to explain , but if you can just float with it it goes away . try not to think to much about the feeling , easier said than done , it does take some time but it gets easier if you just kinda say to yourself so what if I feel this way I can still fuction and go about my business.

I think we all experience derealization in slightly differnt ways , but it gets better the less you focus on it , dont try to figure out why you feel this way or how long will I feel this way , just go with it ,its just your tired mind taking a little vacation.

Take Care Jackie
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm

I am curious how the two of you are doing with your depersonalization/derealization feelings now eighteen months later.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”