I have Anxiety and Depression!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
RosalesT

I have Anxiety and Depression!

Post by RosalesT » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello all,

I have had this anxiety for the past 5 years, and only got this program 3 years ago. I have always been someone who bottles up their emotions and thinks that I can handle everything without medications, help from this or from doctors. While my panic attacks and anxiety have always cycled from highs during 3 to 4 week periods, leading to that one big panic attack, I can get 4 to 6 months of clarity where I have no problems aside from the occasional nasty thought. I am embarrassed, but willing to admit that I have never finished this program and only got as far as the 1st 6 days of the program before believing that a simple breathing technique would be the best way to handle it. I found, however that I have developed bad habits during my fight or flight moments where I will run to the restroom or taking showers to alleviate the stress. I will admit that IBS has caused me these situations as well, but I refuse to believe that every time I have run away when overwhelmed has been for a restroom break. The main reason I am officially committed to this thing now is because I have a pending job with the Washington State Police department as well as a baby (November 3rd!) on the way. With all of this happening, the pressure to become the breadwinner for my family crushed me. I stopped living one day at a time, and became a person who lived 3 to 5 months ahead of where I was. Why? I overanalyzed everything. If I didn't, I felt I would lose control of my situation. Depression has set in, with the feeling to cry hitting me a lot, but I recognize my issues and am ready to attack this thing head on. I am on the chat all the time with my tablet so please feel free to talk with me and we can get through this together.

Terrance Rosales

tina martin

Re: I have Anxiety and Depression!

Post by tina martin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:35 pm

I can only respond here so I'll assure you: you will succeed. Give the program what it calls for as you have the greatest motivations to succeed. Take it slowly, a step at a time and never be discouraged.

If you scroll down you'll find people who posted with good results. They get better and leave. I hang around because I can never take anything for granted.

Please do not be afraid, do not get discouraged. You'll be fit and strong for your baby and your work. Wishing you the very best.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”