Music

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Iwillbebetter

Music

Post by Iwillbebetter » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 am

Ok I want to put together a CD or two of positive and/or empowering music. Of course because I want to, I can't seem to think of ANY songs. So some help/idea's would be great. Any song with do, I'm not picky with music. Don't think there's any genre's I won't listen to. The only one I could come up with, Johnny Nash, I can see clearly now....
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

tina martin

Re: Music

Post by tina martin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:39 am

Am working on this. Problem is I am primarily a lover of classical music, opera above all, but am thinking about rounding it out. There are others. I'll try and gather them and not go on endlessly.

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:31 am

I can't think of any suggestions yet but I think this is a GREAT idea and I hope it takes off!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 am

Yes I'm hoping so to. The only others I've found so far is - walking on sunshine by katrina and the waves and also christina aguilera can't hold us down (which is more for girls but can work for all :)) I will keep thinking of things hopefully others will also :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:31 am

Decided to skip the classics of which there are just too many and mention a few others. The song from Titanic, The Heart Goes On, is a favorite, as is Harvest Moon by Neil Young.

Then there is Cat Stevens with If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out and How Can I Tell You. Music is my companion to all kinds of exercise, so it is big. Have gone through phases of this or that composer or singer and then return to them. We are so fortunate to have everything available to us. Earlier generations did not have that luxury.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 am

Thank you Tina, those were great ones!! I love that Cat Stevens one (got it stuck in my head as soon as I read it!!) Yes music is my companion also, it many ways. Music can speak to me just as loud as some books. I never realized before how it can affect your mood also. That is part of why I want to do this. If I start to slip into feeling any bit of the blues I know something like this would pull me right out!! :) Yes it is to bad those of the earlier generations did not have that luxury!! There is so much more available to us now!!

I also thought of another Christina Aguilera song - Beautiful.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:48 am

Music is the jump start for the various kinds of exercise I do. The combination can sometimes work wonders.

Am currently into QiGong, you can see some on YouTube. Also have some books that say Tai Chi, but are more like QiGong to me. They have these names for movements that are rooted in animals and nature. Wonderfully easy and calming, meditative. Just sharing what I'm into.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 am

Thanks for Sharing Tina. it's always nice to have more idea's. I don't want to much on my plate right now. But I could see me looking into that someday. Probably after I get better at the Yoga thing. Still trying to figure out where that will fit best in my schedule. I've decided it's a bit hard with holidays also. So for now I've been playing this "just dance" game with the kids (we got one for kids) for my excersize... and I will work on it more after the holidays. Otherwise I think I'm more so just setting myself up for failure... :)

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am

Always "go with the flow," meaning what is most suitable and comfortable. Took me a life time and only late in life that I got into any of it. When I was in your shoes I was lucky to take kids for a walk and do a bit of walking.

"Just dance" with kids sounds so wonderful. If you ask me dance is about as good an exercise as any. Sometimes I'll put something on and just float and dance myself. If your kids can join in, it's the best.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:13 am

Yea I started the "just dance" I was starting to get discouraged. I see how much daily excersize can help, but was having trouble with the kids... trying to learn something new, with them, just doesn't work so well :lol: :lol: so a day or two I ended up not doing anything for excersize. Normally I would have let that send me "running" instead I decided I just need to find a different sollution. So I just found a way to excersize with the kids. I have fun, they have fun and it's good time together!! :)
I think the Yoga we might end up having to do together also, which is fine, I will just have to get them their own matt to share. The day I tried with them around that was the trouble, my daughter wanted to do it, but had to be on MY matt... I'm sure you could imagine how well that worked :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”