Growing up !

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
THH

Re: Growing up !

Post by THH » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Happy New Year!!!!
I too hope that this is a good year!

2011 was good in many ways as I learned about myself more. I can somewhat reconize things better before they esclate and become major problems, to my health & anxiety. I continue to be challanged with things that are out of my control. I am in the infant stages of having faith, and hope that all will be well. I too must take better care of myself. I too have some pounds to loose. I also have to respect how I feel, and not let guilt push me into doing things I don't really want to do, then be mad because I have no time for myself.

Manofmusic,
Hope your party went well. I bet you a bunch of money that you WERE NOT the only person there who suffers from anxiety! How did you do? I ended up taking a small peice of xanax NYE as I was getting sooooo tired of every motion being a productive one. So many things happening and our friends coming over. I was not worried about them, they are easy and fun. But I started getting upset as from the time I get up till I go to bed, its making something, doing something, driving someplace, or being a friend to someone.
My holidays are now finnished! I am home, enjoyed my visits but it is over due for me to crawl in my den and hide for awhile. My social needs are all met. :mrgreen:
I hope that everyone here has a great 2012. I hope that life treats us really good and when it doesn't, we have the strength and courage to press on. I hope there are way more sunny days than rainy days.
Amen brother! Nicely said!!!
:D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm glad you all survived NYE, mine was very quiet which is fine as I had to get up early for church. I spent most of my day watching football after church. DH has been sick with a bad cold and I feel as if I might have it. But I'm also not taking any AD's now and might be feeling partly tired for that, even though I wasn't on them very long at all. I am finding that I can eat a few more things that I've not been able to due to anxiety, so something is changing. Maybe it is due to the vitamins I'm taking now, as before, my gut was so nervous that I didn't take any vitamins.

I also had a good talk with DH last week, as due to my anxiety I find it hard to talk to him or I am overly sensitive to his grumblings. So I told him that I prefer my bedroom as a place of peace for me since my son has taken over what use to be my domain of the house. I also let DH know that my "nerves" are shot. I just can't take things the way I use to. I thought at the age I am and practically an Empty Nester that things would be different, that I would have more control of what goes on in my house and to my house. It is not the case and it brings me great anxiety and sadness that I work at overcoming this daily.

I even feel anxious to be on the computer, b/c I'm worrying about what the two male members are thinking when they see me. I shouldn't have to feel this way. I have different hours than them and my social life is on the computer when it is cold and I'm not dressed to go anywhere. Also, the guys sleep during the day, so there isn't much I can do. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me blasting the radio or pounding on the piano or vacuuming. And then part of this could be in my head. :lol:

Well, my boy dog is doing great, except that we visited a friend who kept her aggressive dog outside, but unfortunately someone let the aggressive dog in later when I was not with my dog, a preteen had him on a leash. Anyway, the aggressive type dog attacked mine and then the friendly dog also attacked him so now I have a sore dog. He still goes out "barking" at the neighbor's dogs, but is tender under one leg where a tuft of fur was pulled out and possibly bite marks. There isn't any blood. So I was a little shaken up over that...it just reminds me that I can't protect everything or everyone. I'm just glad that it wasn't my dog as the aggressor. He is very sweet that way...he is more timid than my other one...but probably due to his upbringing.

Anyway, gotta go and try and do something productive...one thing I did want to add, is that I went to a wedding before New Year's and I had to travel and stay in a motel by myself on the spur of the moment. I did quite well and had a great time. But did feel the stress of it and thought I lost my sleeping pills. So I was able to keep myself calm and give myself positive self talk that I'll find them after I rest. My brain was so stressed that I couldn't think straight. Anyway, this is what I've been doing when I'm stressed and feel forgetful, is to use positive self talk and later I'm able to find the things I've been looking for or they "show" up!

Well, I better get off the computer and eat something, also take my vitamins. I also want to get back to walking and also go to the local gym. Paislee

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 am

good to see you paisleegreen, I miss all the people on here. seems like there is less and less getting on this site. I have been on AD for I bet 30 yrs I am wondering about getting off them myself. but I see where sometimes when you try to get back on them you have problems. live is not easy and learning to take the lickings and keep on ticking is what it is all about. not sweating the small things etc my daughter has moved into her new house now my house and hers is a mess it is going to take some time till we get everything straighted out. she lived with me for 9 mos and we didn't have a bit of trouble so I miss them so much but doing better than I thought. what kind of vitamins are you taking? I have taken them for yrs a believer that you need them because we can't get everything in our food. I bought a news letter from a dr west and he said that synethic vitamins were not good for. so I bought the standard process vitamins he recomended and there was vitamins for everything including your endernal glands it is called dermanine I am not spelling this right any way some of these vitamins have iodine in them. I have said all this to say I started having werid symptoms like weak am strange in my heart even thought something was wrong with my heart. I wonder if it was the vitamins I have stopped the ones with iodine but still taking the Bs I am afraid i having heart disease and this dr said these vitamins could reverse heart disease how could i find out if these certain vitamins could cause these symptoms I tried to resharch it didn't find a lot. there was a time standard process has had trouble with claiming there vitamins cured conditions. I have spent about 1,000.00 on these vitamins in the last 6 mos they are very expensive just wish I knew if they were worth the cost. they are suppose to be alll natural I don't understand how they could make you feel bad if they are unless I am allergic to something in them. any way love hearing from you hope everyone has a good New Year

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello everyone !

I've been off the net for a few days. I work on a computer all day and sometimes I need a break ! :D

Paislee ! - Did you make it to the gym or for your walk ? I FIANLLY got back into my walking. I went down to the river and froze my butt off. I alomost made it the full length, but I didn't dress warm enough and I could feel my arms and legs begin to tingle. I turned around and walked back. The wind was blowing towards me at the beginning of my walk and the wind pushed me on the way back. It wasn't the full length of the walk, but I did it and I fell better now that my routine is back. I want to buy a set of weights and get into that during the winter months. Hopefully by this summer, I'll look and feel better.

Forever Young ! - It seems that lately, more and more people are coming back. The site went really strange for a while, but now that the bugs are worked out, it seems to be good. I find that a simple multi-vitamin does the trick for me. I also take a B12. That's for the stress. I also started to take a CoQ10. That's for people like me that take a cholestrol lowering medicine. I heard on a dr show on the radio that Crestor and meds like that strip away the CoQ10 that's naturally in the body. CoQ10 keeps the heart in great shape.

THH - WHERE ARE YOU ??????????????????? :|

THH

Post by THH » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello everyone! I have been sick! Jan. 4th came down with a fever, chills ect... Went to a walk in clinic and was told I had a sinus infection. Started antibiotics and broke my fever by Sunday. Head cold, chest ect. Went to my family doctor and he said I had pneumonia! My husband has broncititis!
Needless to say that freeked me out! :o

I'm doing better still not over it but I'm better than I was last week. I also started listening to my tapes again. I started with the Jump start to feeling better! Then I have been reviewing week 10. Obsessive scary thoughts! It has helped me to calm down and except I am sick and I will get better. People get sick all the time and they all get better too. Funny how the old BAD habit of thinking negitive just pops into action and it really is up to us to STOP it!

It is a good topic "growing up" because I am not a little kid,( I lie! I am) I am grown and I have to take better care of my self. Even when I am sick I have to be my own safe person. The body will heal and nature will take its coarse. I don't like medicine and I will take it if I have to. Sooooo i'm doing ok just fighting with myself! LOL....

Manofmusic, I AM HERE!!! LOL... :mrgreen:

Forever,
I know what you mean about everyone going away. But we are here, and I think more people are coming back to the site as time has gone by. It is different scense they changed it. For me, it helped by coming here and posting. It was a huge releif knowing I was not the only one. I had felt like that for so long. Plus I got something from reading many other peoples post. I'm glad your here and posting too!

Paislee,
How is your dog? How scarey him being attacked! Poor guy. That would shake me up too. When I was going to dog classes there were some big powerful dogs in my class. I have labs, and they are just big lerpy clowns. The shepards and rotwilers were always looking at my dog like they were always going to pick a fight. Thankfully my teacher had a keen eye on everything and we worked through all the issues these other dogs had. But in real life how may people do the home work and know enough about thier dog to "help" thier dog in social places. If your dog is timid other bossey dogs may pick up on that. Just be aware so YOU don't end up hurt or the dog.
I might start taking some vitimonds too. I never was big into that. ( Only flintstone! LOL...) :mrgreen:

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

THH - I'm glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better ! How's the husband ? Don't freak out about it ! I know...I know....easier said than done LOL Take good care of yourself, and get plenty of rest. November 2009 I ended up with the H1N1 virus. I was off work for 3 weeks. I blacked out at home and I was by myself. I don't know how long I was out for. It could've been 2 minutes or 30 minutes, I don't know. My dad came over and took me to the hospital. I was there for about 12 hours.....all in the emergency ward.

From that point on, I took good care of myself and if I needed help, I asked for help. I went over to the folk's house for the last week. By that time, I started to feel not too bad. It took a good 6 weeks to fully get over it. I should've gone to the clinic or hospital during the first week, but I didn't. Bad move on my part.

Keep listening to the tapes. Start over from week one or two if you need to.

For you...................LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt_PuVAVTU

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Hey, Mano--I got the H1N1 as well. Then after that got the regular flu! It was awful. But haven't been sick since. I'm not sure if it is b/c of my Omega 3 diet or what. I do wash my hands with soap a lot more often and I don't eat too many sweets or processed foods. Plus I think the flu so far has been under control this past fall and winter so far. Maybe its because I'm on here and have less stress, not sure. ;)

Well, I have something I would like to talk about. I at first brought it up on another thread, but felt what if this person came on here and saw that I was discussing her problem. I now realize the likely hood of that happening is nil. We have helped a woman who lost her husband to suicide. She is living in a relatives home rent free. She lost her home due to her husband not having life insurance. So no income to pay for the large estate they were living in. Anyway, she is very needy and has not made any progress since we moved her several months ago. She stays pretty much in the house watching TV and not getting out help her with her grief.

All suggestions are refused, and yet she expects or needs our help. She also seems to work my husband and me against eachother. If we talk to her when she calls, it will become a very long phone call and mostly a repeat of what she has told us in the past. We know her story and we've discussed things at length to comfort her, so I will be a little bit firm and challenge her a little bit on her belief system. Such she can't go to somewhere b/c she doesn't have a dress, or she doesn't look right, or there is some reason why she can't go and do something. Even turned down free therapy from a top notch Psychologist.

I feel the AD's aren't really working for her as I've been on the kind she is on and quickly got off. They make you tired and want to eat and gain weight. I suggested she try a different kind...doesn't like that idea.
Then I suggest that she get the internet as she did have it at the house but we took it away to use elsewhere since she was saying she didn't need it.

But she does need it as she will talk about going to college or taking classes. I finally told her that many people are doing that and their classes are online. I suggest to her that she should get out and volunteer to get in the public and start feeling good about her self. She puts that idea down. Anything I say, she is going to find a reason not to do it. There is a lot of resistance, but then after we're discussing her financial situation and not having much, she wants to order a non essential part for her pick up so that she feels better driving it. But she doesn't have to be driving it, she has another car.

Her belongings are stored at my property, so it is taking up half of our garage, where we are unable to store our own things. She also has her stuff in a covered trailer of ours and hasn't looked at it for 10 months. Also she has stuff in another garage and storage area as well as a flat bed trailer. She has nice furniture and stuff that she could sell if she were on the computer or more productive.

I understand her anxiety and grief as I lost my son to suicide and a year later lost my mother and then had to care for my aging father when he had cancer and I had to pack up his house and clear it up for a real estate transaction to happen. And I was grieving all kinds of things at this time. It wasn't pleasant...my heart was broken and I was under tremendous stress.

I have given this woman all sorts of leeway and understanding, but when she complains to my husband about the "way" I talked to her on the phone, when what I was saying was nice. There was one phone call where I could no longer contain my frustration at her lack of "helping herself" as I had expected her to be more productive after we helped her move out of her bad situation. B/C that is all she would talk about is how productive she use to be and how she could do things and all.

I talked to my Psychiartrist about her and he sort of said in so many words that people that get helped out, get use to being helpless and sometimes it takes a push to get them moving as they are "comfortable" in their situation not having to face the world. When her husband committed suicide, he was not a nice guy, their marriage was already in ruins due to his bad habits.
So he was a real creep about it and left her devastated...but she might not have the original lifestyle she once had, but she has a lot of belongings and property she could sell or even live in.

I just have the problem w/ my husband wanting me to do things for this woman as she tells him stuff he wants to hear and then when I start actually suggesting we go do the things she says she wants to do, she puts in her heels and starts to back step. Then she calls him up to complain or vent and I become the bad guy. Which I knew she wouldn't do the things she says she would do as I've seen this behavior before in other people.

I want to be Christian like, but I also want this woman to do a be more to help herself and not be so dependent on us. Another thing is that DH found Lucinda's program in the stuff that had been packed up. I debated to give it to her as she might come on here, but since she refused the help with the Internet, I knew that wasn't going to happen. So finally I told her about the program we found and that I have it too and I've been online and got help from everyone on here.

She told me that she got that from a friend of a friend who got it for her son and he didn't want to use it. So the friend gave it to her to use. She barely used it...and I suggested that she could start working on it and we could help each other out. This is when she says ( and this is her M.O.) is I think this is something we do on our own. I go well, probably for journal work, but they wouldn't have a website if people weren't interested in getting help from others or working their problems together.

So anyway, I'll deliver the program to her, it is old, but unused. But still beneficial, the Carry Along cards says the same thing and other things are the same.

Well, Mano I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I just needed some friendly faces to see this that understand what we go through with our anxiety and such and how we are working through life and its problems. I have great sympathy for this woman or we wouldn't have done all the help we've given her so far. As it has really taken our time and energy to do so, not to mention our financial help.

THH

Post by THH » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Hello everyone! manofmusic you are funny... :mrgreen: The video cracked me up! LOL...
My husband is starting to recover. He is planning on going to work this week after being off almost 2. I am feeling better no fever, aches, cough is much better. My head and ears are plugged still, and it is hard on me as I panic. The tapes are helping and If this is not better by Monday I will go see the doctor AGAIN! I can't take decogesnts so there is not alot of really any thing that works like them. I get to jittery when I have used them so I stay away from them. I don't get people who use them as a rec. drug???
I totally I understand how you must of felt with the flu. That was my reaction to hearing about P.Then all our customers who call say how bad I sound. That don't help me by the end of the day! I'm working on relaxation & breathing.I do not have a life threating problem. I have seen the doctor and was on 5 days of antib. I have taken some zanax when I get too focused on how I feel. I wish I could get sick and be like so many other people ----roll with it. Maybe next time! LOL..... I almost went to the er like 5 times, but never went. So I'm doing good! LOL....It is a very long sickness, Wens. will be 2 weeks. For me that is like eterenity! :mrgreen:
I am getting better.....I think I can...I think I can....
I will get you back for that video....LOL..... :D

Paislee,
You are kind and wonderful! I think if this were me in my life, I would have to set up some major boundrys with your friend you are trying to help. Ask her what can I do to help you move forward? What do you need from me? I get the do the right thing and help where you can but sometimes that turns into a pass where the other person can do nothing but tell you about all thier troubles. You have lived with a simular thing loosing your son. That makesyou have lots of empathy. That is nice but also as a person who has there own troubles with anxiety & depression, it can easily become your problem. Then you get frustrated as the person is not trying themselves. I think I would address this with her. Think about how long you want to stay involved and put a time limit on it. Maybe that will push her a bit. Tell her what you can do to help her. IE you can use our garage till spring but we will need to have it back by then. Just a example. I hope there is something in this to help you. I'll think more on it.
Also maybe pray about it. Funny how somethings get answered that way as well.
Have a good night... ;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks THH==I'm so glad that you are getting better. so sorry about you not being able to take decongestants. I agree, why do kids or adults think these are so fun...ugh. DH still has a cough as well, and it seems to have been around for 3 weeks, at least it seems that way. :) He won't go see the Dr, I wish he would so that other things could be checked out.
I'm glad your hubby is feeling a bit better as well. DH kept on forcing himself to work, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Thanks for your advice on the woman. We only thought to help her leave her house as the bank was going to evict her. So we only looked that far into helping her, thinking that once she was away from this place she would become somewhat functional, sell her belongings and move forward. But she came from a dysfunctional home, and had two husbands that were dysfunctional and her kids are dysfunctional. So I guess I expected too much...she does have a deadline where things will be looked at again. I definitely have to keep working on letting go...which I have, but DH brings me into it or she texts me and "thanks me" for our help. I do believe it is co-dependant behavior, so I have to watch myself...to not get sucked into it and yet try to be understanding. DH doesn't understand this, so he can get sucked into stuff like this, as he has had done with business associates or employees, always wanting to help and then disappointed.

Such as today I got a text mutually sent to DH and I giving thanks again. So this shows that she has been thinking about things and/or been talking to her mother who gives her advice or comfort probably helps her to understand the things I've been telling her. I feel that I will continue pursuing my own mental and emotional health. Not expect anything from her, but set boundaries when she calls and I think I will still give her challenges. She has proven to be very resilient like my sister, and she has many talents. She has gone through a traumatic experience, as many other people. She has a place to live and family nearby, she isn't destitute or have a rare illness. Mainly has anxiety and depression, and as my Psychologist did with me and what Lucinda teaches is that we have to take baby steps and try what we are afraid of to get over the anxiety.

Anyway, I'll take the box over to her and see what happens. Like you said, I'll keep my boundaries the best I can, it will take practice, just as you said. I naturally want to help, but don't need the extra anxiety or responsibility for her mental well-being. Thanks again. Paislee

THH

Post by THH » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I am feeling better, still not over it. It has been 2 weeks, my doctor said maybe 2-3 more weeks for it to be gone. Our weather has been totally off the hook weird. We had a low of 5* the other day 2 feet snow, then next day 58* snow gone! Thunder, wind and now its snowing again! WOW no wonder my head hurts!
I'm going through the program again trying to catch myself in all the neg. thoughts. I did much better yest. & today. Still hanging on to some anxiety.

Paislee,
Sounds good to me. I think you have it figured out, just need to keep it a goal so it does not make you feel full of anxiety. It is very hard, I have been in many simular spots.
I personally have a friend who has major disfuntion in 100's of ways. I love her, she has 100's of great things I like about her. But... Nothing is ever going to change in her life if she don't change it. For me Miss Controll and help, It was getting the best of me. I used so much energy I was always drained by it. Esp. when I got caught up in it too much. I had to put distance between us, and it has not changed the relationship really. She is still my friend, I still care and wish the best for her. She still calls, not as often, but we catch up and still on occasion get together. It maybe a better friendship!
You will do it too. Hang in there! :D

Manofmusic,
WHERE ARE UUUUUUUUUUUUU?????????????????????? LOL....

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”