People contradict themselves!

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
King Peace

People contradict themselves!

Post by King Peace » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:57 pm

This is driving me a little crazy! I'm going through a hard time of over 2 years of unemployment. Someone in my life is always saying "read this prayer books it will help you," and "pray for guidance" and all that. Today I said I don't understand why this is happening to me I should really pray for God's help. She says "No, it's all up to you." I had to hold myself from yelling. She was always telling me to pray and now that I say I will pray she says it's all up to me??? PEOPLE ARE SO FICKLE!! SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW IF WE KNOW WHAT WE SAY OURSELVES!!!

Paisleegreen

Re: People contradict themselves!

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 am

I agree, people can be fickle. Also, there has been a study that some people are "mismatchers". Anything you say, they will automatically mismatch it! Or contradict it. Whether it makes sense or not, this helps to know when you are in a situation where you are with someone that does that or realize it in yourself.

I know sometimes I will counter a comment or suggestion as a Mis Matcher.

Another example, which we makes you wonder about things, is my daughter went to the dentist to have a broken tooth replaced with a crown. The Dental Assistant kept on promoting a gold crown, where if you look at my daughter's teeth they are pretty well care for and white. Why would she want a gold tooth in the back of her mouth? She would want by looking at her teeth that are consistent and white! The dentist had to keep telling the dental assistant that a white porcelain crown is what she needs and wants. Plus they kept calling her by a similar name to hers, even though her correct name is on the charts. Both the receptionist and dental assistant called her by someone else's name. If they would read her chart and a flat screen that had her name mounted on the wall as the next patient up for service, they could clearly see that her name ends with a different vowel and should be spoken that way. It is a very easy name to say.

So this goes to show you that not all people are really focused on you the person, and that their brain is somewhere else. :lol:

Paislee :mrgreen:

tbabystroup

Re: People contradict themselves!

Post by tbabystroup » Mon May 09, 2011 2:52 pm

I have to say this post gave me a good chuckle, mostly because it reminds me of one of my friends.. she's always spouting with advice (whether solicited or not), and if you tell her you are going to do one thing she will try her hardest to make it sound like that's what she's been trying to tell you all along, even though the opposite is true! it takes every last ounce of my self control to not lose it with her when she does this...
Good Luck with your contradictory friend :) resist the urge to smack them and tell them how stupid they sound, just shake your head, grin, and scream MORON inside your head!!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”