Bloating/Breathing

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
EricC

Bloating/Breathing

Post by EricC » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Recently I've had a nasty bout of bloating/indigestion, that has lasted for several days now. Amid the constant belching, I also feel like it's difficult to get a 'full' satisfying breath. The feeling is like my lower lungs can't expand all the way because my stomach/intestines are so bloated. It's like they're being crowded.

The big problem here, is that I can't employ the deep abdominal breathing techniques when my stomach is this bloated, because of crowding. It's like I have to engage in chest breathing, and this sends my anxiety through the roof. Because of this bloating, I have begun to have panic attacks again, and I have not had them for a long time.

This, is a reoccurring problem for me, I'll be fine for a few months, then suddenly this crap will come on again. I have recently been feeling anxious due to changes in my life, which possibly might be linked to my bloating. Has anybody else experienced something like this?

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”