Going to my first support group meeting tonight

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
struggling Christian

Going to my first support group meeting tonight

Post by struggling Christian » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm

I have been really struggling lately. Lots of anxiety and severe depression. I found a support group in my area and I'm going to try it out tonight. I don't know how it will go. I feel like I need to talk things out. I hope it will help. I don't know if there will be 2 people there or 20. I am hoping for the best but not expecting too much that way I won't be too disappointed. I keep having panic attacks when I wake up from sleeping. I can't get a good nights sleep. My depression is really bad. I tend to be at my worst around this time of the year. Oh well, I hope tonight helps.

Paisleegreen

Re: Going to my first support group meeting tonight

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 pm

I hope you do well tonight at your meeting. Waking up from panic attacks is not fun at all. I hope things will get better for you. paislee

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:45 pm

In the past I went to some group therapy sessions which I liked a lot. They were led by a psychiatrist and had a specific topic. Some people do well if it is undirected support. Maybe that can work for you. Sure hope so.

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Well,
No luck at the meeting nobody showed up, maybe one girl, I couldn't tell if she was there for the meeting because she stayed in the hall on her cell phone so I left. I ended up at Barnes & Noble reading a pretty good book on depression. There is another support group that I am looking into during the daytime for next week, maybe that one will work out for me.

tina martin

Post by tina martin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Keep up your determined spirit to find what is right for you. Books have been my great source of knowledge and even comfort. Give yourself credit for trying and persisting. Hope it's a peaceful night for you.

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”