Feel like anxiety is a rollercoaster?

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
ACann

Post by ACann » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 pm

I am sick of spiralling down into the depths of anxiety and then slowly working my way out to realize what I could have done instead of getting anxious. I will be feeling great and feel like I got it and then BAM! I have PMS and the negative thoughts creep in, I am stressed and the worrying starts! I feel like I can't stop it!
I try to put up the stop sign and work the steps but I can't get my body to believe what I am saying. Getting myself to relax maybe??

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 am

Well, I new to realizing my negative thoughts or worries is called anxiety or causes anxiety. Bu I'm not new to PMS, experienced that and worked with it for years! But now I'm going through the change so things are different in that I can't say, "Oh, this is PMS". "That explains why I'm feeling this way."
What I did for PMS was take Evening of Primrose oil, take B-vitamins, get in an hour leisure walk or other activity, I have always stayed away from caffeine, have dark chocolate around, and write in my journal or posting on places like this.

Watch a good movie that either makes you weep or laugh. Movies that are classic and feeds the soul. Anne of Green Gables is a good one. What's Up Doc? (funny) Etc.

ACann

Re: Feel like anxiety is a rollercoaster?

Post by ACann » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 pm

I forgot I posted this. Thanks for responding Paiseleegreen! I will look into the Primrose oil. DO something/distract is what I need to do. I just always do the same old thing and it is hard for me to break. Time management and healthy choices (and healthy distractions!)

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”