Positive Affirmations

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
vahorsegirl

Post by vahorsegirl » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 am

Hi. I have gone through the program and am currently seeing a therapist to help combat my anxiety. My main problems are being alone and driving alone. She suggested that I create a list of positive affirmations and put them in my car so if I get anxious I can look at them.

Any suggestions for postive affirmations?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 am

yes. I am just getting into making positive affirmations and I'm reading a book called What to say when you talk to yourself and they have some really good suggestions. My advice is to write down all the negative thoughts you have towards the subject of driving...so "I am completely alone" "I can't handle this" "Its too overwhelming" just all of the ones you can come up with. Change them into something more realistic (I can help if you need), put them into present tense and use those as your affirmations.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks Mike... i just need to get some ideas to get me started... I've looked online but can't find anything really good.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am

Hi there, I have found this book useful for what you are attempting to do: "What To Say When You Talk To Yourself" by Shad Helmstetter. It's all about replacing your old negative thoughts with new positive ones. Good luck, I'm attempting to do the same thing... it's tough!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”