I need advice Please

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Anna Burrell

Post by Anna Burrell » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 am

I have lived with anxiety for about 4 1/2 years now, and this website and the program have helped me a lot! I gained control of my anxiety. Lately it has come back with a vengence and I don't know why. I usually can get it under control before I feel the absolute worst luckily. I try to be positive and tell myself I can get through this. I do take zoloft 200mg which I have taken consistently for about 2 years and usually 1mg of xanex a day. It has been working for me but I feel like Im getting mean. I get annoyed at everything and snap at my boyfriend at the littlest things. This is NOT me at all. I dont really want to go through switching medications but I feel like I can't control it. Does anyone else feel this way??? if so please help

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:25 am

Dear Anna,
Maybe you need to begin using your relaxation tapes 3 times daily, once again. You have probably been experiencing a lot of stressors, and are going through a growth spurt.

It never hurts to refresh yourself during these times!!! Make sure you continue to replace those negative thoughts with more positive, realistic ones!!!!

Life can be very stressful. It is how we react to all the outside stressors that bog us down.
We can choose to distract, and under-react!!!

You may want to check in on your attitude towards what is going on in your life!!!!

I pray things perk up for you soon...God Bless

ClearSky

Post by ClearSky » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:56 am

Anna,

You need to get to a place where you are no longer fearful of the anxiety. This means working the program again, and even again if necessary. Let it open doors for you to other books and sources that will help you to move through your fears. You are still afraid of the anxious feelings. You must feel these feelings over and over until you no longer worry if they will occur or not. It won't matter one way or the other if you experience anxiety because you will know that you can handle it.

We have to learn to relax so this is excellent advice from Ms. T Bones. Let your body know that it doesn't always have to be on guard.

You'll make it. Persevere.

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 am

Dear Anna,

Take a deep breath. You are not alone. These two statements usually make me cry but sometimes that is what works. Remember, you have anxiety it doesn't have you.
It is a good idea to have your medication looked into. My meds stop working and have to be re-evaluated every couple of years. It's not unusual.
It's okay to be afraid. Keep talking to yourself. Work the program.
Be good to yourself.
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”