adrenalin reduction?????

Comments and inquiries to share with others. (Questions for Staff can be posted below.)
Darren John

Post by Darren John » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 am

has anybody found any foods or homeopathic remedies that reduce the amount of adrenalin your body produces?
if we could just press the adrenalin switch to off when we start panicking lol

Otama

Post by Otama » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 am

How about the breathing and the relaxation tape, isn't that supposed to help?

DIAA

Post by DIAA » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 am

Stop all caffeine and sugar for sure. This is helping me.

sc0ttyb0y

Post by sc0ttyb0y » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:37 am

Hi Darren,

I just started seeing a naturopath. When I see him next Thursday, I'll ask him if there are any supplements one can take to reduce adrenalin. He did suggest that I start taking St. John's Wort for a few months - but that is to deal with the depression symptoms. I hope you're having a great day! Always feel free to contact me (I just started the program recently - I'm on session 3). Take care,

Scott

fear not

Post by fear not » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:06 am

Hello!I know what you're talking about!I've been zinging all day! :eek:

cuttingirl

Post by cuttingirl » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 am

Ultimately it is you who reduces your adrenaline response. Easier said than done; this can be difficult when it has seized hold of your mind and body. So, seeking relief from it so you can learn how to blunt it or avoid it entirely in the future is a wise decision! If you are taking any medications, be cautious of interactions with herbals, other natural things, and also grapefruit.
"I have lived a horrible life, none of which has actually happened"-Winston Churchill

Want2FeelGoodAgain

Post by Want2FeelGoodAgain » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:18 pm

My God if you can find it, please share!!! I can only find triggers :)
One day at a time is the fastest we can go......

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 pm

:D
if we could just press the adrenalin switch to off
:D hee, hee, hee--i know, right?!
actually, your question is really good. its's encouraging to me, too. because i've been hoping to get back to a better diet. (i've made it a lower priority recently; and i feel a big difference.)
about that "diet":
i went to a nutritionist a few years back who helped me understand the benefits of those "dark green veggies", fish/omegas, keeping an eye on the sugar (even bananas can have too much sugar), and leaning toward brown (vs. white) grains. . . almonds and walnuts became among my fav. snacks
honestly, i love love love to eat--so i didn't find it easy at first--but once i realized how much more energy i had i was a lot more motivated. i wasn't superwoman--but still.
so i think you're definately getting it that a lot has to do with what you put in your mouth. and it's been said a thousand times, but smaller meals and a couple of good snacks often help.
hmm, what else? massage! if you can swing a session here or there--and tell the practioner that you're dealing with anxiety and would like some relief--that helps clear the head.

healthier mind, healthier body, and so on. . . as you practice the skills and go through the program you'll be less and less afraid of the adrenaline and the panic and more confident -- also, review lesson 3 every so often to keep those thoughts positive!
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:6

Return to “General Comments/Inquiries about”